Digital TV News: HTC Corp
HTC Vive announces open VR platform and standalone headset
Nov 14, 2017 – HTC has announced VIVE WAVE, a VR open platform and toolset that will open up the path to easy mobile VR content development. HTC has also unveiled VIVE FOCUS, a standalone VR headset for the China market that is also based on the Vive Wave VR open platform.
News categories: HTC Vive, Qualcomm, Alvin Wang Graylin, Hugo Swart, China, Metaverse, Semiconductor
HTC announces $10 billion VR-focused investor consortium
Jun 30, 2016 – HTC has announced the formation of the Virtual Reality Venture Capital Alliance (VRVCA), a consortium of venture capital firms who invest in the VR industry. The VRVCA members together represent well over $10 billion of investible capital.
News categories: HTC, Virtual Reality Venture Capital Alliance, Mr. Alvin W. Graylin, Digital TV, Metaverse, MWC22, Venture Capital, Worldwide
NETGEAR teams with HTC to support TV mirroring
Feb 24, 2014 – NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has joined HTC Connect, a partner program created by HTC (TWSE: 2498). HTC Connect is designed to deliver a seamless A/V experience between HTC's devices and CE devices such as NETGEAR's Push2TV Wireless Display Adapter.
News categories: NETGEAR, HTC Corp, Damir Skripic, Tai Ito, Digital TV, MWC22, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming
Industry Leaders Announce Open Platform for Mobile Devices
Nov 5, 2007 – A broad alliance of leading technology and wireless companies today joined forces to announce the development of Android, the first truly open and comprehensive platform for mobile devices.
News categories: Open Handset Alliance, Android Video Demo, Middleware, Mobile, Software
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV