Digital TV News: Heavy Reading
Entone FusionTV fuels world's first premium internet TV service
Dec 4, 2012 – Entone has announced that Cable & Wireless Communication's (CWC) Caribbean division, LIME, has selected its FusionTV® solution to power the world's first premium Pay TV service delivered over the Internet.
News categories: Entone, CWC, LIME TV, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Zoran Introduces Optimized Interactive IP Set-Top Products for Service Operators
Jun 14, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating a new platform optimized for high definition interactive IP set-top box systems at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Show.
News categories: Zoran, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications Ships More Than 50 Million MoCA Silicon Solutions
Jun 7, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has shipped more than fifty million MoCA 1.0/1.1 chipsets since 2007. Entropic's MoCA technology is being deployed by pay-TV service providers covering over 70% of the U.S. market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Verimatrix Demonstrates Momentum in Connected TV Devices and OTT Services at IP&TV World Forum 2011
Mar 17, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it will be showcasing its broadening ecosystem support for connected TV and over-the-top (OTT) premium video services at the IP&TV World Forum, through widespread integration of ViewRight® security clients at its booth.
News categories: Verimatrix, Video Exchange
iPad Helps Spark a Cable Set-Top Revolution
Oct 19, 2010 – The arrival of high-powered end-user devices such as the Apple iPad is driving cable network operators to demand more sophisticated set-top boxes (STBs) from equipment suppliers, according to the latest report from Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Cable TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Telcos Face Complex Challenges in Scaling IP Services
Jul 2, 2010 – IPTV network operators face a complex array of issues and challenges as they scale their networks to deliver more robust services to a wider group of customers, and those challenges aren't limited solely to subscriber headcount, according to Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor