Digital TV News: IP Vision
FetchTV content portal to launch on Panasonic Connected TVs
Aug 31, 2011 – IP Vision has announced that the FetchTV™ content portal will be available this autumn via an app as a service to consumers on Panasonic's (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) VIERA Connect compatible TV sets sold in the UK and Ireland.
News categories: IP Vision, Panasonic, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
No Ofcom investigation into Project Canvas
Oct 19, 2010 – Ofcom has announced that it will not open an investigation into 'Project Canvas' under the Competition Act following complaints made by Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED, LSE:VMED) and IPVision.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, UK
ANT to show HbbTV and Managed Service Portal at IPTV World Forum
Mar 23, 2010 – ANT (London: ANTP) will showcase a live HbbTV implementation at the IPTV World Forum. The demonstration will include a range of services including News VoD, catch-up programming, digital text, as well as radio applications.
News categories: ANT plc, Digital TV, DVR, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Video Exchange
IP Vision and Netgem Unveil HD Hybrid Freeview+ STB
Mar 23, 2010 – IP Vision and Netgem will showcase their High-Definition Freeview+ Hybrid DTT set top box (STB) at the IPTV World Forum. The FetchTV SmartBox 8320HD will be shown on IP Vision's Stand and features Netgem's latest DVB-T2 hardware reference design.
News categories: IP Vision, Netgem, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
The End of the Walled Garden: Led by Pay-TV Operators
Feb 8, 2010 – IMS Research's newest report reveals that demand for connected CE devices are being driven by increased bandwidth, the evolution of content delivery methods and the convergence of media and communications industries.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
IP Vision FetchTV Platform to be made available on third party devices
Dec 18, 2009 – IP Vision has laid out a strategy to enable its FetchTV platform on third party set top boxes alongside its own range of Smartbox devices. As part of the initiative, IP Vision will collaborate with ANT Software (LSE AIM: ANTP).
News categories: IP Vision, ANT plc, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
UK - IP Vision Announces Retail Deal with The Carphone Warehouse
Nov 9, 2009 – IP Vision have signed a retail deal with The Carphone Warehouse meaning that the FetchTV SmartBox will be available in its UK wireless flagship stores.
News categories: IP Vision, Carphone Warehouse, FetchTV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Sky Player to launch on IP Vision's Fetch TV
Oct 15, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced an agreement with IP Vision to make its online TV service, Sky Player, available via IP Vision's Fetch TV devices. From early 2010, the deal will allow customers to receive some of Sky's channels through Fetch TV's set-top boxes.
News categories: IP Vision, BSkyB, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
57 Million Internet Set-top Boxes By 2012
Aug 12, 2009 – A new global report from MRG shows how OTT (Over-the-Top) video services will offer new opportunities for IPTV & Cable Operators and media owners to expand their reach through TV-centric open Internet services.
News categories: MRG, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data