Digital TV News: Imagination Technologies
Socionext using PowerVR video IP cores in advanced SoCs
Jan 5, 2017 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that it is collaborating with Socionext on new video and display technologies for multimedia applications. Socionext is using PowerVR video IP cores in its advanced SoCs.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Socionext, Graham Deacon, Mitsugu Naito, CES2021, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ALi Corp STB SoCs get a boost with MIPS CPUs
Jun 22, 2016 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that ALi Corporation is shipping a MIPS-based, H.265-capable System-on-Chip (SoC) for hybrid cable, satellite, terrestrial and IP STBs.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, ALi Corp, Jim Nicholas, Daniel Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
Oct 21, 2014 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has announced that it has debuted a quad-core application processor offering for the tablet and OTT set-top box markets at the Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Worldwide
Allwinner announces SoC variant for high-end STBs
Oct 11, 2014 – In the run-up to the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, Allwinner Technology has announced an eight-core processor targeted at high-end smart set-top boxes and video games machines.
News categories: Allwinner, China, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MediaTek teams with Amazon on Fire HD tablets
Oct 9, 2014 – MediaTek has announced that it is working with Amazon to help power the new line of Fire tablets — the Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7 and Fire HD Kids Edition. The tablets feature MediaTek’s MT8135 System on Chip (SoC) and MT6628 connectivity solution.
News categories: MediaTek, Amazon, Joe Chen, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Tablet
Argon Design licenses HEVC/H.265 streams to Imagination Technologies
Jun 4, 2014 – Argon Design has licensed Argon Streams to Imagination Technologies Limited, to provide improved verification coverage of Imagination’s PowerVR Series5 D5500 HEVC video decoder IP core.
News categories: Argon Design, Imagination Technologies, Chris Longstaff, Alan Scott, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VP9 decoder available for Imagination PowerVR Series6 GPUs
Feb 25, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that a GPU accelerated VP9 software decoder for its PowerVR Series6 Rogue graphics processors (GPUs) is available from partner MulticoreWare.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MulticoreWare, Peter McGuinness, Matt Frost, Media Player, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Imagination IP provides broadcast TV demodulation in Qualcomm Snapdragon 802 processor
Jan 7, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that its Ensigma radio communications processing (RPU) IP is integrated in the Snapdragon 802 Ultra HD processor from Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM).
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Qualcomm, Martin Woodhead, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Skyviia Showcases Advanced Multi-Screen STB SoC Solutions at IBC 2012
Aug 16, 2012 – At IBC 2012, Skyviia Corporation will debut the company's performance-driven SV8870 multimedia System-on-Chip (SoC) as well as showing its globally deployed price-driven SV8860 HD multimedia decoder.
News categories: Skyviia, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution