Digital TV News: Juniper Research
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home, Streaming, Worldwide
Carrier Billing to account for more than 1 in 5 digital content sales
Apr 2, 2019 – The proportion of digital content paid for via carrier billing is expected to nearly double over the next 5 years, according to Juniper Research. Consumer spend via the mechanism is expected to rise from $28 billion last year to nearly $90 billion by 2024.
News categories: Juniper Research, Dr Windsor Holden, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
Feb 12, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that there will be 8 billion digital voice assistants in use by 2023, up from an estimated 2.5 billion at the end of 2018. The fastest growing voice assistant categories will be: Smart TVs, Smart speakers and Wearables.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sporting rights to drive digital content revenue this year
Feb 5, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that global consumer spend on digital content will reach $250 billion in 2019, an increase of $23 billion year-on-year. SVOD services are expected to be a key driver of growth.
News categories: Juniper Research, Elson Sutanto, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global VR headset shipments to exceed 21 million in 2019
Jan 30, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, Virtual Reality (VR) headset shipments will reach 54 million by 2023, up from an estimated 21 million this year. This is a growth of 160%, as demand increases following an underwhelming year for VR in 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Sam Barker, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Amazon Prime, HBO and Now TV face decreasing audiences
Oct 1, 2018 – A consumer survey from Juniper Research has found that increased churn rates are being faced by video streaming services such as Amazon Prime and HBO Now in key markets such as the UK and the US. Contrastingly, Netflix outperformed its rivals.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK, USA
Voice Assistants used in Smart Homes to grow 1,000%
Jun 25, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research has found that the adoption of voice assistants such as Alexa and Google Assistant will be a key factor behind smart home growth, with 275 million voice assistant devices used to control smart homes by 2023.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nick Maynard, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
850 million to watch eSport and Let’s Play content by 2022
May 30, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research forecasts that unique viewers of eSports (competitive playing of video games) and let’s play content (tutorials and talk-throughs of game content) will reach 858 million by 2022, up from 630 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Video ad spend on YouTube & Facebook to grow 130% in just 5 years
Jan 30, 2018 – Juniper Research has found that advertising spend on FVOD (Free Video on Demand) content, such as media on YouTube and Facebook, will surge over the next 5 years, reaching $37 billion by 2022. This is up from an estimated $16 billion in 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution