Digital TV News: KT Corp
Multiplay in South Korea to generate revenue of $6.6bn in 2027
Jun 30, 2023 – South Korea's multiplay service revenue is projected to experience a gradual yet consistent growth, climbing from $6.1 billion in 2022 to $6.6 billion in 2027, says GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research
KT deploys virtualized headend from Synamedia
Dec 8, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that KT Corporation will implement the first virtualized headend in the Asia Pacific region with its Olleh TV IPTV service. This is the first win for Synamedia with KT's IPTV business.
News categories: Synamedia, KT Corp, Sue Couto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
Apr 6, 2020 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced the signing of a contract with Thailand’s 3BB TV to provide an IPTV service to the Southeast Asian kingdom. 3BB TV will combine its Triple T Broadband internet connection with the IPTV service.
News categories: KT Corp, 3BB, Kim Youngwoo, Subhoj Sunyabhisithkul, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
KT adds 147,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Korea's KT Corporation (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced results for Q2 2019. The company finished the quarter with 8.113 million IPTV subscribers, up 147 thousand over the period, and up 441 thousand (5.7%) versus Q2 2018.
News categories: KT Corp, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
KT adds 115,000 IPTV subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 3, 2019 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has released results for Q1 2019. The company finished the quarter with 7.966 million IPTV subscribers, up 115 thousand over the period, and up 393 thousand (5.2%) versus Q1 2018.
News categories: KT Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
KT launches world’s first commercial 5G network
Apr 12, 2019 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has officially launched the world’s first nationwide commercial 5G wireless network in South Korea, ushering in a new era of super-fast and ultra-reliable connectivity for consumers and businesses.
News categories: KT Corp, Lee Pil-Jae, 5G, Content Distribution, Korea
TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
Mar 20, 2019 – TVU Networks has announced a partnership with KT to bring UHD broadcast over KT’s 5G enterprise network. Under the agreement, KT and TVU Networks will work together to establish an enterprise 5G network and related broadcast capabilities in Korea.
News categories: TVU Networks, KT Corp, Paul Shen, Park Hyun-Jin, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Arianespace to launch KOREASAT-7
Mar 14, 2017 – For its fourth launch of the year Arianespace will orbit two satellites: SGDC for VISIONA Tecnologia Espacial S.A. on behalf of the Brazilian operator Telebras, and KOREASAT-7 for the South Korean operator KT Sat.
News categories: Arianespace, KT Sat, Telebras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029