Digital TV News: KT
NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
Jun 28, 2022 – Television stations serving the Shreveport market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KTBS-TV (ABC), KSLA (CBS), KMSS-TV (Fox), KTAL-TV (NBC), KPXJ (CW) and KSHV-TV (MyNet).
News categories: Bitpath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
Jun 22, 2022 – An Ariane 5 launcher has successfully orbited two geostationary satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24. MEASAT-3d will provide redundancy and additional capacity at 91.5°E. GSAT-24 will provide TV and broadcasting services across India.
News categories: Arianespace, ArianeGroup, Stéphane Israël, André-Hubert Roussel, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
MEASAT-3d satellite ready for launch on June 22nd
Jun 14, 2022 – The Airbus-built MEASAT-3d satellite is in Kourou, French Guiana ready for launch on June 22, 2022. MEASAT-3d will be positioned at 91.5°E providing redundancy and additional capacity for video distribution in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Airbus, Francois Gaullier, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Nexstar Media launches NEXTGEN TV at WHTM-TV in Harrisburg, PA
Dec 21, 2021 – Nexstar Media Group (Nasdaq: NXST) has announced that WHTM-TV, the Nexstar TV station serving Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. Harrisburg is Nexstar’s 17th market to begin broadcasting with ATSC 3.0 in 2021.
News categories: Nexstar Media, Brett Jenkins, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
FOX and Nexstar Media launch NEXTGEN TV in Los Angeles
Dec 16, 2021 – FOX Television Stations (NASDAQ: FOXA) and Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) have launched NEXTGEN TV on KTTV-TV (FOX 11), KCOP-TV (My13), and KTLA-TV (KTLA 5) in Los Angeles, the second largest television market in the U.S.
News categories: Nexstar Media, FOX, Brett Jenkins, Bill Lamb, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
Sep 23, 2021 – TV stations in St. Louis have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. The launch includes KDNL-TV (ABC), KMOV (CBS), KSDK (NBC), KTVI (FOX) and KPLR-TV (CW). BitPath led the planning process and deployment efforts.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NetRange provides customisable Smart TV app portal for KTC
Sep 8, 2021 – NetRange has announced that it has renewed its partnership with KTC to provide KTC customers with a customisable Smart TV app portal offering for individual markets through the NetRange Smart TV App Store.
News categories: NetRange, KTC, Michi Uematsu, Lawsen Rao, Apps, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV