Digital TV News: KT
NextGen TV launched by five local TV stations in Reno, NV
Jul 25, 2023 – Television stations serving the Reno market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KOLO-TV (ABC), KTVN (CBS), KRXI-TV (Fox), KRNV-DT (NBC), and KNSN-TV (MyNet).
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Multiplay in South Korea to generate revenue of $6.6bn in 2027
Jun 30, 2023 – South Korea's multiplay service revenue is projected to experience a gradual yet consistent growth, climbing from $6.1 billion in 2022 to $6.6 billion in 2027, says GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research
NextGen TV begins in the San Francisco Bay Area
Mar 30, 2023 – Television stations serving the San Francisco Bay Area have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KGO-TV (ABC), KPIX-TV (CBS), KNTV (NBC), KTVU (Fox), KDTV-DT (Univision), and KRON-TV (MyNet).
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
Jun 28, 2022 – Television stations serving the Shreveport market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KTBS-TV (ABC), KSLA (CBS), KMSS-TV (Fox), KTAL-TV (NBC), KPXJ (CW) and KSHV-TV (MyNet).
News categories: Bitpath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
Jun 22, 2022 – An Ariane 5 launcher has successfully orbited two geostationary satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24. MEASAT-3d will provide redundancy and additional capacity at 91.5°E. GSAT-24 will provide TV and broadcasting services across India.
News categories: Arianespace, ArianeGroup, Stéphane Israël, André-Hubert Roussel, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
MEASAT-3d satellite ready for launch on June 22nd
Jun 14, 2022 – The Airbus-built MEASAT-3d satellite is in Kourou, French Guiana ready for launch on June 22, 2022. MEASAT-3d will be positioned at 91.5°E providing redundancy and additional capacity for video distribution in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Airbus, Francois Gaullier, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Nexstar Media launches NEXTGEN TV at WHTM-TV in Harrisburg, PA
Dec 21, 2021 – Nexstar Media Group (Nasdaq: NXST) has announced that WHTM-TV, the Nexstar TV station serving Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. Harrisburg is Nexstar’s 17th market to begin broadcasting with ATSC 3.0 in 2021.
News categories: Nexstar Media, Brett Jenkins, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
FOX and Nexstar Media launch NEXTGEN TV in Los Angeles
Dec 16, 2021 – FOX Television Stations (NASDAQ: FOXA) and Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) have launched NEXTGEN TV on KTTV-TV (FOX 11), KCOP-TV (My13), and KTLA-TV (KTLA 5) in Los Angeles, the second largest television market in the U.S.
News categories: Nexstar Media, FOX, Brett Jenkins, Bill Lamb, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023