Digital TV News: LIME
Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
Mar 24, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has introduced EdgeFunctions, a distributed serverless computing capability. EdgeFunctions allows developers to run code in Limelight's CDN locations, taking advantage of the company's global scale.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Ghassan Abdo, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight Networks releases State of Online Video 2019 report
Oct 24, 2019 – Around the world, streaming video viewing has reached an all-time high of six hours, 48 minutes a week, with 82% of viewers binge-watching shows online, according to a report from Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW).
News categories: Limelight Networks, Michael Milligan, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight shows sub-second live video streaming and online video innovations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) will show Limelight Realtime Streaming, its sub-second live video streaming solution. Limelight will also highlight video delivery services to help maximize advertising revenue from online video and combat piracy of video assets.
News categories: Limelight, Nigel Burmeister, Peder Drege, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Telestream Wirecast integrates Limelight MMD Live video streaming
Apr 4, 2019 – Telestream is integrating Limelight Networks' Multi-device Media Delivery (MMD) Live into its Wirecast live streaming production software. The solution can also work with AdSparx automated ad break detection and server-side ad insertion.
News categories: Telestream, Limelight Networks, AdSparx, Mark Wronski, Stephanie Gaines, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight and Ericsson collaborate on content delivery and edge cloud services
Oct 18, 2018 – Limelight Networks (NASDAQ: LLNW) and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) are to collaborate on content delivery and edge cloud services. Limelight’s content delivery technology will be deployed on the Ericsson UDN Edge Cloud Platform to expand its delivery capabilities.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Ericsson, Bob Lento, Marcus Bergstrom, Gary Traver, Dan Rayburn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Kaltura and 32 others join SRT Alliance
Nov 28, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 33 new members have joined the initiative, including the leading video technology provider, Kaltura.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Yaron Reichert, Sylvio Jelovcich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Qwilt and Limelight to offer integrated caching
Oct 24, 2017 – Qwilt and Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) have announced that the two companies will together offer integrated caching, by combining Limelight’s global infrastructure with Qwilt’s open caching in ISP networks.
News categories: Qwilt, Limelight Networks, Alon Maor, Ersin Galioglu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Magine relies on Limelight to stream content to users across Europe
Oct 24, 2017 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW) has announced that Magine is using Limelight’s CDN to deliver live and on-demand content to viewers in Europe. The CDN was chosen because of its scalability, reputation, competitive pricing and performance.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Magine, Nigel Burmeister, Klas Ahlin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Conviva adds Limelight Networks to its QoE analytics ecosystem initiative
Sep 6, 2017 – Conviva has announced Limelight Networks as a CDN collaborator for its QoE Ecosystem Analytics initiative. By sharing QoE analytics provisioned for CDNs, a publisher can enable Limelight to act and respond in the shortest period of time to any issues that might arise.
News categories: Conviva, Limelight Networks, Dr. Hui Zhang, Steve Miller-Jones, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029