Digital TV News: Legend Silicon
Legend Silicon Brings ATSC Broadcast Reception One Step Closer to Cars & Mobile Devices
Nov 21, 2011 – Legend Silicon has announced SuperTV™ technology critical to solving diversity and mobile reception issues inherent in the U.S. legacy Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Digital Terrestrial Broadcast (Free-to-Air) market.
News categories: Legend Silicon, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Portable, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Cypress and Legend Silicon Debut World's First USB TV Dongle Reference Design to Bring High-Resolution TV to PCs and Laptops
Dec 16, 2008 – Cypress Semiconductor (NYSE:CY) and Legend Silicon have introduced a reference design for a DTMB USB PC-TV dongle. It leverages Cypress's EZ-USB® FX2LP high-speed USB controller to drive Legend Silicon's LGS-8GL5/LGS-8G75 demodulator.
News categories: Legend Silicon, Cypress Semiconductor, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon Introduces Two New Demodulators for Portable Digital Television Applications
Sep 18, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced two demodulators for China's terrestrial (GB20600-2006) market. The LGS-8G75 and LGS-8G77 improve end-user reception while offering new interfaces and space savings for mobile and portable applications.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Portable, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon Introduces Diversity Demodulator to Dramatically Improve Reception of Weak and Noisy Television Signals in China
Sep 16, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced the LGS-8G78, a demodulator designed, by employing diversity, to significantly improve reception of the digital terrestrial television broadcast (DTTB) signals defined by China's GB20600-2006 standard.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, In-Car, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon and TCL Jointly Promote iDTV With High-Definition Experience for Olympic Fans in Beijing
Aug 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced that it joined forces with TCL (Shenzhen:000100) to demonstrate integrated digital television (iDTV) technology in Beijing during the 2008 Olympic Games.
News categories: Legend Silicon, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon Releases 3rd Generation DTV Demodulator Chip
Apr 17, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced a new, all-mode DTV demodulator chip (LGS-8G52) for China's latest DTV standards.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Hong Kong, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon and aigo Co-launch Mobile High Definition Device For 2008 Olympics
Mar 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has partnered with China's aigo to create a USB Dongle designed around Legend Silicon's demodulation chipset to enable Chinese consumers to view terrestrial HDTV on their laptops in time for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
News categories: Legend Silicon, aigo, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
ViXS and Legend Silicon Collaborate on GB20600-2006 DTTV Tuner Card for Growing Chinese Market
Jan 10, 2008 – ViXS Systems has announced a low-cost, feature-rich digital terrestrial TV tuner card reference design for the rapidly growing GB20600-2006 market in China.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Legend Silicon, CES2022, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote