Digital TV News: Legend Silicon
Legend Silicon Brings ATSC Broadcast Reception One Step Closer to Cars & Mobile Devices
Nov 21, 2011 – Legend Silicon has announced SuperTV™ technology critical to solving diversity and mobile reception issues inherent in the U.S. legacy Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Digital Terrestrial Broadcast (Free-to-Air) market.
News categories: Legend Silicon, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, Portable, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Cypress and Legend Silicon Debut World's First USB TV Dongle Reference Design to Bring High-Resolution TV to PCs and Laptops
Dec 16, 2008 – Cypress Semiconductor (NYSE:CY) and Legend Silicon have introduced a reference design for a DTMB USB PC-TV dongle. It leverages Cypress's EZ-USB® FX2LP high-speed USB controller to drive Legend Silicon's LGS-8GL5/LGS-8G75 demodulator.
News categories: Legend Silicon, Cypress Semiconductor, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon Introduces Two New Demodulators for Portable Digital Television Applications
Sep 18, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced two demodulators for China's terrestrial (GB20600-2006) market. The LGS-8G75 and LGS-8G77 improve end-user reception while offering new interfaces and space savings for mobile and portable applications.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Portable, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon Introduces Diversity Demodulator to Dramatically Improve Reception of Weak and Noisy Television Signals in China
Sep 16, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced the LGS-8G78, a demodulator designed, by employing diversity, to significantly improve reception of the digital terrestrial television broadcast (DTTB) signals defined by China's GB20600-2006 standard.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, In-Car, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon and TCL Jointly Promote iDTV With High-Definition Experience for Olympic Fans in Beijing
Aug 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced that it joined forces with TCL (Shenzhen:000100) to demonstrate integrated digital television (iDTV) technology in Beijing during the 2008 Olympic Games.
News categories: Legend Silicon, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon Releases 3rd Generation DTV Demodulator Chip
Apr 17, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced a new, all-mode DTV demodulator chip (LGS-8G52) for China's latest DTV standards.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Hong Kong, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon and aigo Co-launch Mobile High Definition Device For 2008 Olympics
Mar 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has partnered with China's aigo to create a USB Dongle designed around Legend Silicon's demodulation chipset to enable Chinese consumers to view terrestrial HDTV on their laptops in time for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
News categories: Legend Silicon, aigo, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
ViXS and Legend Silicon Collaborate on GB20600-2006 DTTV Tuner Card for Growing Chinese Market
Jan 10, 2008 – ViXS Systems has announced a low-cost, feature-rich digital terrestrial TV tuner card reference design for the rapidly growing GB20600-2006 market in China.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Legend Silicon, CES2021, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product