Digital TV News: Level 3 Communications
Conviva adds Limelight Networks to its QoE analytics ecosystem initiative
Sep 6, 2017 – Conviva has announced Limelight Networks as a CDN collaborator for its QoE Ecosystem Analytics initiative. By sharing QoE analytics provisioned for CDNs, a publisher can enable Limelight to act and respond in the shortest period of time to any issues that might arise.
News categories: Conviva, Limelight Networks, Dr. Hui Zhang, Steve Miller-Jones, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
OTT video to overtake traditional broadcast TV viewing within five years
Apr 20, 2017 – Within the next five years, viewership hours of live-linear streaming OTT video will surpass those of traditional broadcast TV, according to close to 70% of respondents to a survey by Level 3 Communications (NYSE: LVLT), Streaming Media and Unisphere Research.
News categories: Level 3 Communications, Streaming Media, Unisphere Research, Anthony Christie, Tim Siglin, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching trials to begin
Jan 3, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that trials based on recently approved Open Caching Request Routing and HTTPS Delegation Technical Specification are to begin. The trials are the first implementation of open caching systems that incorporate the specification for request routing in ISP networks.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Industry leaders announce Streaming Video Alliance
Nov 14, 2014 – A number of companies have announced their intention to form the Streaming Video Alliance. The Alliance will facilitate the creation of architecture, standards and best practices that will scale the infrastructure for online video.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Microsoft Platform Powers Silverlight and IIS Media Experiences Across Multiple Screens
Apr 8, 2010 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that it is working with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) to deliver reference designs that will provide the Silverlight platform to STBs, connected TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and other CE devices.
News categories: Microsoft, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBC2022, Media Player, Streaming
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools