Digital TV News: Media Excel
Media Excel and Vidmind partner to provide Cloud TV service
Mar 19, 2013 – Vidmind has announced a partnership with Media Excel. The joint transcoding management component, Vidmind SnowCannon, is in field trials by a number of operators. The fully managed Cloud TV service includes live HD-TV, VoD, catch up TV, social features and a TV app market.
News categories: Vidmind, Media Excel, Content Distribution, Middleware, OTT, Video Exchange
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 – The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, OTT
ViXS Systems Showcases Media Excellence at CCBN 2012
Mar 20, 2012 – ViXS has announced that at CCBN it will be demonstrating media processing, transcoding technologies, broadcast/infrastructure solutions, n-screen/Multi-screen products, STBs, CA/DRM, Blu-Ray/Media Hubs, Smart XCode™ streaming and MoCA devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Blu-ray, CCBN, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Media Excel and Verimatrix Help Accelerate and Secure Premium OTT Service Delivery
Apr 13, 2011 – Media Excel and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that enables digital TV service operators to securely deploy the highest quality video over any IP network to multiple screens - TVs, PCs, mobile devices and beyond.
News categories: Verimatrix, Media Excel, Content Distribution, Content Protection, NABShow, OTT
- TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting