Digital TV News: Movistar
Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
Nov 18, 2021 – Movistar+ and Amazon have consolidated their partnership to include Prime Video in the user experience of the Movistar+ platform. The new proposition is being rolled out in Spain in a progressive deployment to be completed on November 24th.
News categories: Movistar, Prime Video, Cristina Burzako, Barry Furlong, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
Sep 15, 2021 – Rakuten and Telefónica have launched the Rakuten Living App on Movistar+ TV in Spain. Movistar Fusion customers with a UHD Decoder can now access an experience that connects online entertainment with offline events.
News categories: Telefónica, Rakuten, Antonio Guzmán, Cédric Dufour, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Liberty Latin America receives authorization to acquire Telefónica Costa Rica
Aug 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) and Telefónica Costa Rica have received authorization from the Costa Rican President for the sale of Telefónica's operations in Costa Rica to Liberty Latin America's subsidiary, Cabletica.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Telefónica Costa Rica, Cabletica, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Telefónica showcases its digital home at MWC
Jun 25, 2021 – Telefónica will showcase its digital home proposal at MWC. At its heart is Movistar+ which becomes a gateway for new experiences through Living Apps, TV applications accessible from the main Movistar+ menu.
News categories: Telefónica, Movistar, Antonio Guzmán, Digital TV, MWC21, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
Jun 23, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Telefonica Spain has deployed its VOS 360 streaming platform for disaster recovery, replicating Telefonica's entire Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud.
News categories: Harmonic, Telefónica, Eugenio Lojo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Spain
Telefónica selects MediaKind processing for Movistar+ VOD content
May 26, 2021 – MediaKind has been selected by Telefónica to enhance the VOD offerings of Movistar+ in Spain. MediaKind's Aquila On-Demand will provide asset processing for Movistar+’s on-demand OTT and IPTV content.
News categories: MediaKind, Telefónica, Stuart Boorn, Eugenio Lojo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Spain
HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
Apr 29, 2021 – HISPASAT is to take over Media Networks Latin America, a Telefónica subsidiary. Media Networks provides signal transport and management services to telecoms and TV operators using HISPASAT satellites at 61°W.
News categories: HISPASAT, Media Networks, Miguel Ángel Panduro, Alfonso Gómez Palacio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite
Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
Mar 3, 2021 – According to Dataxis, growth in OTT pay TV remains slow in Latin America. At end of 2020, the technology represents almost 1.3 million subscribers; barely 2% of the pay TV market.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Movistar+ presents app platform for making purchases via the TV
Dec 18, 2020 – Movistar+ has launched a TV-commerce application platform to enable its users to make purchases via their TVs in the comfort of their homes. 'Living Apps' enable purchases to be made using the remote control or by voice.
News categories: Movistar, Óscar Solá, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers