Digital TV News: NBA
Amagi powers Urban Edge Network sports channels
Aug 24, 2023 – Amagi has announced that The Urban Edge Network (UEN) has chosen its live event orchestration and channel playout solutions to manage and distribute a range of premium sports.
News categories: Amagi, Urban Edge Network, Srinivasan KA, Hardy Pelt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Minneapolis TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 22, 2023 – Minneapolis viewers can now experience the future of broadcast TV as five local stations - WUCW-TV, KSTP-TV, WCCO-TV, KMSP-TV and KARE-TV - launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ONE Media, NAB, Minnesota Broadcasters Association, Jerald Fritz, Wendy Paulson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NPAW data shows streaming engagement comeback in H1 2023
Aug 10, 2023 – According to NPAW, streaming services experienced a surge in daily engagement per user in the first half of 2023, reversing the downward trend that started in 2021.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Philadelphia television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Aug 10, 2023 – Six television stations - KYW-TV, WPSG-TV, WPVI, WCAU-TV, WTXF-TV and WUVP-TV - have launched NEXTGEN TV, based on ATSC 3.0 broadcast standards, in Philadelphia.
News categories: Pearl TV, LTN, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
MediaKind launches streaming platform for Microsoft Azure users
Jul 25, 2023 – MediaKind has unveiled MK/IO, a VOD and live streaming solution built on Microsoft Azure. MK/IO offers encoding, packaging for files and streams, DRM support and a native media player.
News categories: MediaKind, Microsoft Azure, Allen Broome, Simon Crownshaw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
Movistar relaunches Movistar Plus+ with new streaming TV service
Jul 21, 2023 – Movistar has relaunched Movistar Plus+, with an enhanced TV service that will be available to its miMovistar customers and will also be accessible, regardless of operator, in OTT mode.
News categories: Movistar Plus, Digital TV
U.S. TV streaming usage hits all-time high in June
Jul 18, 2023 – According to Nielsen's June 2023 report of The Gauge, streaming accounted for 37.7% of overall TV usage in the U.S. in June, a record high share total for the digital format.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set