Digital TV News: NCTA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
NET Serviços selects Humax HD cable STBs and residential gateway
Apr 29, 2014 – Humax has announced that it has been selected by NET Serviços as the lead set-top box manufacturer for two HD, MoCA 2.0-enabled, two-way interactive cable STBs, plus a Residential Gateway, featuring DOCSIS 3.0, eMTA, and 802.11ac WiFi.
News categories: Humax, NET Serviços, Demerval Martins, Albert Son, Charles Hong, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Liberty Puerto Rico offers ActiveVideo Cloud UI
Apr 24, 2014 – Liberty Puerto Rico and ActiveVideo have announced the launch of a cloud-based personalized user interface that uses real-time viewing metrics to display program popularity.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Puerto Rico, Naji Khoury, Waldo Hooker, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
Comcast Xfinity TV 4K app to launch on Samsung UHD TVs in 2014
Jan 6, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced a partnership with Samsung to deliver 4K Ultra High-Definition (UHD) content to 2014 Samsung UHD TVs.
News categories: Comcast, Samsung, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
Jun 11, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Mediacom have announced that Mediacom has begun rollout of its TiVo offering. Mediacom will deploy the TiVo Premiere Q 4-tuner gateway DVR, TiVo Mini IP set-top box client and companion applications for iOS and Android devices.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Mediacom, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, Set Top Box
Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
Jun 11, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new single chip solution for cable headless gateways that delivers the fastest Data over Cable Interface Standard (DOCSIS) data rates, whole-home connectivity and an all-IP video experience.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius