Digital TV News: NCTC
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, USA
NCTC agrees terms with KAONMEDIA for Android STBs
Apr 22, 2020 – The NCTC, representing more than 750 U.S. broadband and cable operators, has completed an agreement with Kaon Media under which NCTC member operators will receive preferred pricing on Kaon's KSTB2020 Android STB and voice-enabled remote control.
News categories: NCTC, KAONMEDIA, Steve Beardslee, Eric Hybertson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
Feb 19, 2020 – Imagine Communications has made an agreement with the NCTC to power AdKey, a cloud-based, platform-agnostic service that supports ad insertion on IP-based video streams. Initial deployments are expected by Q3 with trials beginning in the coming months.
News categories: Imagine Communications, NCTC, Chris Gordon, Rich Fickle, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
Feb 17, 2020 – The NCTC has announced an initiative that allows NCTC member companies to purchase Amazon Fire TV streaming devices at a discount, enabling members to provide subscribers with streaming media devices including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
News categories: NCTC, Amazon, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
i3 Broadband selects Minerva YourTV Now for advanced TV services
Feb 27, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that the Minerva YourTV Now cloud service will power i3 Broadband’s advanced television services. Minerva YourTV Now is a turnkey cloud service for the delivery of video entertainment.
News categories: Minerva Networks, i3 Broadband, Randy Osborne, Dan Kennedy, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Blonder Tongue distributing Kaon Android TV STBs optimized for MOBITV
Feb 25, 2019 – Blonder Tongue (NYSE: BDR) has announced the availability of the Kaon line of Android TV Set-Top Box products specifically designed and optimized for MOBITV platform deployments across North America. The first set-top model available is Kaon's KSTB2020.
News categories: Blonder Tongue, Kaon, MOBITV, Ted Grauch, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product