Digital TV News: National Association of Broadcasters
Zinwell certified to produce NEXTGEN TV set-tops
Jul 13, 2023 – Pearl TV has announced that Zinwell has completed self-certification testing and will soon enter the U.S. market with set-top products to help viewers transition to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Zinwell, Anne Schelle, Paul Wu, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Tolka software powers first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receiver
May 9, 2023 – Atlanta DTH (ADTH) is the first vendor to produce officially certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receivers with its ADTH NEXTGEN TV Box. The receiver is powered by Tolka ATSC 3 Stack software.
News categories: Tolka, Pearl TV, Atlanta DTH, Alex Day, Anne Schelle, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
FCC & NAB to collaborate on completing transition to ATSC 3.0
Apr 17, 2023 – FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel has announced a 'The Future of TV' initiative, led by the NAB, to identify a roadmap to orderly transition from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0-based services.
News categories: FCC, National Association of Broadcasters, Jessica Rosenworcel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Regulation, USA
FreeCast pairs ATSC 3.0 with streaming video aggregation
Apr 15, 2023 – FreeCast has announced a whole-home solution that brings over-the-air broadcast TV channels into the FreeCast digital guide, alongside streaming channels and on-demand content.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
6G-Datacast.tv launches mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver at NAB 2023
Apr 14, 2023 – 6G-Datacast.tv has launched a mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver offering connectivity through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well as via USB. The company will be demonstrating the receiver at NAB 2023.
News categories: CEA Group, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Pearl TV program to accelerate development of NEXTGEN TV dongles
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has developed a FastTrack program to accelerate development and retail availability of low-cost upgrade accessory receivers, for the 91% of U.S. households that have displays with an HDMI input, but are not equipped with NEXTGEN TV technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Rob Folliard, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Pearl TV adds digital monetization capabilities to NEXTGEN TV
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced expanded support for digital video advertising technology in its Web TV platform, RUN3TV, bringing digital advertising capabilities equivalent to the web and connected TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Anne Schelle, Robert Folliard, Adam Helfgott, Advertising, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework