Digital TV News: National Association of Broadcasters
Pearl TV program to accelerate development of NEXTGEN TV dongles
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has developed a FastTrack program to accelerate development and retail availability of low-cost upgrade accessory receivers, for the 91% of U.S. households that have displays with an HDMI input, but are not equipped with NEXTGEN TV technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Rob Folliard, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Pearl TV adds digital monetization capabilities to NEXTGEN TV
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced expanded support for digital video advertising technology in its Web TV platform, RUN3TV, bringing digital advertising capabilities equivalent to the web and connected TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Anne Schelle, Robert Folliard, Adam Helfgott, Advertising, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
Jul 1, 2022 – Eurofins Digital Testing (EDT) has announced the release of the NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite v2022-1.0 – the first major release for the new model year, applicable to ATSC 3.0 compliant receivers from July 1st 2022.
News categories: Eurofins, CTA, NAB, Bob Campbell, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
LTN Global, with Pearl TV and WHUT, powers NEXTGEN TV in Washington DC
Dec 16, 2021 – LTN Global has announced that it has worked closely with Howard University’s WHUT and the Pearl TV consortium to support the launch of the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative project in Washington D.C.
News categories: LTN Global, Pearl TV, WHUT, Malik Khan, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
Jun 24, 2021 – NAB has collaborated with Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, and Fincons Group to create a NEXTGEN TV application that allows students without internet access to participate in home learning.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Fincons Group, Howard University, WHUT, Sam Matheny, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Kathryn Procope, Sean Plater, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
Apr 13, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced the development of updated test suites for the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) NEXTGEN TV Logo program, which will be applicable to 2022 model receivers.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
PBS North Carolina launches NEXTGEN TV broadcasting
Mar 22, 2021 – PBS North Carolina has announced that they are now broadcasting NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0) over their channels in the Raleigh-Durham region. WUNC-TV channel 4.11 has been added to the CBC NEXTGEN TV broadcast.
News categories: PBS North Carolina, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022