Digital TV News: National Hockey League
NHL appoints Amagi as FAST channel technology provider
May 8, 2023 – Amagi has announced that the National Hockey League (NHL) has selected the company to create and distribute its first FAST channel to The Roku Channel, and other platforms in the future.
News categories: Amagi, National Hockey League, Srinivasan KA, Chris Foster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
Jan 31, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Warner Bros. Discovery have inked a deal to bring Warner Bros. branded FAST channels to The Roku Channel. The channels will arrive on The Roku Channel in spring 2023.
News categories: Roku, Warner Bros. Discovery, Rob Holmes, David Decker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Rogers launches 4K TV and 4K set top box
Oct 5, 2015 – Rogers has announced the launch of 4K ready gigabit internet speeds, a new 4K set top box, Rogers 4K TV and the world's largest commitment to live broadcasting in 4K with HDR. Rogers will also introduce high dynamic range (HDR) in April 2016.
News categories: Rogers, shomi, Netflix, Guy Laurence, Scott Moore, David Asch, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Roku Streaming Players Launch in Canada
Apr 16, 2012 – Roku® has announced the official launch of its products in Canada. Two Roku streaming player models are now available for purchase in Canada. These small set-top boxes use the Internet to stream entertainment to the TV instantly.
News categories: Roku, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
MySpace Mobile Launches Streaming Video in Beta Globally
Dec 3, 2008 – MySpace (NYSE and ASX:NWS) and RipCode have announced that MySpace Mobile users will now be able to enjoy MySpace video content from their video enabled mobile devices. MySpace is the first social portal to launch video streaming for mobile.
News categories: MySpace, RipCode, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile
now TV launches Hong Kong's first HD broadcasts
Jul 19, 2007 – PCCW has announced the launch of High Definition (HD) programming on now TV. Starting in August 2007, customers can pre-register for now TV's HD service and enjoy Barclays Premier League (BPL) matches in spectacular style.
News categories: PCCW, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029