Digital TV News: Net Insight
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Net Insight divests Sye business to Amazon
Jan 3, 2020 – Net Insight has closed the transaction to divest Sye, its consumer streaming business, to Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) for approximately SEK 350 million in cash. The Sye technology solves fundamental issues for B2C streaming distribution.
News categories: Net Insight, Amazon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Net Insight to offer live OTT streaming via Microsoft Azure
Feb 13, 2018 – Net Insight has announced that it will offer the live OTT streaming solution Sye on Microsoft Azure as it joins the Microsoft Partner Network. Sye is ultra-low latency with a streaming protocol optimized for live.
News categories: Net Insight, Microsoft Azure, Fredrik Tumegård, Tony Emerson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
Jun 19, 2017 – Net Insight has announced a strategic partnership with Ericsson to offer broadcasters a range of end-to-end video processing solutions based on Net Insight and Ericsson media contribution products and services.
News categories: Net Insight, Ericsson, Fredrik Tumegård, Gall Le Garrec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Net Insight releases first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution
Apr 24, 2017 – Net Insight has introduced Sye 360° - the world's first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution. With ultra-low latency, broadcasters can synchronize a live OTT feed with the linear broadcast.
News categories: Net Insight, Per Lindgren, Fredrik Tumegård, Content Distribution, Metaverse, NABShow, Worldwide
Sentech opts for Net Insight for DTT network in South Africa
Feb 18, 2015 – Net Insight has announced that its transport solution has been selected by South Africa's state-owned transmission network operator Sentech, to deliver contribution services for its national digital terrestrial TV (DTT) network.
News categories: Net Insight, Sentech, Fredrik Tumegård, Setumo Mohapi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
TV Integração selects Net Insight for Brazil regional DTT network
Nov 14, 2012 – Net Insight has announced that the Brazilian broadcaster TV Integração has selected Net Insight's Nimbra platform for building a new multi-service, regional DTT network covering contribution, distribution and IT services.
News categories: Net Insight, TV Globo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023