Digital TV News: Network Ten
Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
Apr 2, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SGBI) have announced a multi-year renewal agreement under which Nielsen will provide a comprehensive suite of measurement services for Sinclair.
News categories: Nielsen, Sinclair Broadcast, Catherine Herkovic, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
OzTAM introduces Australia's first all-screen integrated TV database
Jul 30, 2018 – Australia will have an integrated database that will combine broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices, and support advanced audience targeting, with the launch of OzTAM’s new service, Virtual Australia (VOZ) in 2019.
News categories: OzTAM, Nielsen, Doug Peiffer, David Ellem, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
CBS to acquire Network Ten in Australia
Aug 28, 2017 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) has agreed to acquire Network Ten, one of three major commercial broadcast networks in Australia. Using Network Ten’s linear and digital assets, CBS will launch CBS All Access in the Australian market.
News categories: CBS Corp, Network Ten, Leslie Moonves, Armando Nuñez, Australia, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
Australians streaming more than 1.5 billion minutes a month
Aug 11, 2017 – Flexible TV viewing is on the rise, with 6.9 million Australians streaming more than 1.5 billion minutes of catch-up and live streaming content in the past month, according to the latest OzTAM reports.
News categories: Freeview, Elizabeth Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
zeebox and Network Ten ink partnership for Australia
Jul 11, 2012 – zeebox has announced a joint-venture with Network Ten in Australia to launch zeebox's app locally. zeebox provides viewers with a social TV discovery and interaction service, while enabling broadcasters and brands to engage with TV fans across channels.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Australia, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Freeview Australia MHEG EPG goes live with S&T and Magna Systems
Jul 1, 2010 – S&T and Magna Systems have announced that the Freeview Australia EPG is a customised version of S&T's MHEG Guide product and will be available on all 'Freeview EPG' branded receivers that go on sale in Australia from July 2010.
News categories: S&T, Magna Systems, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs Appointed As First Test House For Freeview Australia EPG Product
Jun 3, 2010 – Digital TV Labs has become the first test facility to be approved by Freeview Australia as it launches its Freeview EPG product. The product includes an MHEG-based EPG, PVR functionality and support for the hybrid MHEG Interaction Channel.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Freeview Australia, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Freeview to Drive Digital Take-up in Australia
Jul 17, 2008 – Australia's free-to-air commercial television networks together with the nation's public broadcasters have formally announced the establishment of Freeview to help drive take-up of the free-to-air digital television platform in Australia.
News categories: Australian Broadcasting Corp, SBS, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029