Digital TV News: Open Fiber
ZTE, Wind Tre and Open Fiber make 5G video call across the Mediterranean Sea
Feb 25, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has completed a video call on a 5G smartphone in collaboration with Wind Tre and Open Fiber. Based on a 5G pilot network in L'Aquila, the video call was placed using ZTE's end-to-end 5G solution.
News categories: ZTE, Wind Tre, Open Fiber, 5G, Italy, MWC21, Smartphone, Spain
Sky Italia and Open Fiber agree long-term deal
Mar 29, 2018 – Sky Italia and Open Fiber have announced a long-term deal to launch a fibre-only service from summer 2019, to drive long-term growth in fibre and Pay-TV services. This fibre-only service will be available alongside Sky’s existing services.
News categories: Sky Italia, Open Fiber, Andrea Zappia, Elisabetta Ripa, Digital TV, Fibre, Italy, Satellite
Agama Technologies selected by Deutsche Glasfaser
Sep 6, 2016 – Agama has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser is implementing Agama's video service assurance solution. Deutsche Glasfaser operates Germany's most far-reaching independent open access FTTH networks along with an IPTV platform.
News categories: Agama, Deutsche Glasfaser, Mikael Dahlgren, Niels Jonkman, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks