Digital TV News: Open Fiber
ZTE, Wind Tre and Open Fiber make 5G video call across the Mediterranean Sea
Feb 25, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has completed a video call on a 5G smartphone in collaboration with Wind Tre and Open Fiber. Based on a 5G pilot network in L'Aquila, the video call was placed using ZTE's end-to-end 5G solution.
News categories: ZTE, Wind Tre, Open Fiber, 5G, Italy, MWC20, Smartphone, Spain
Sky Italia and Open Fiber agree long-term deal
Mar 29, 2018 – Sky Italia and Open Fiber have announced a long-term deal to launch a fibre-only service from summer 2019, to drive long-term growth in fibre and Pay-TV services. This fibre-only service will be available alongside Sky’s existing services.
News categories: Sky Italia, Open Fiber, Andrea Zappia, Elisabetta Ripa, Digital TV, Fibre, Italy, Satellite
Agama Technologies selected by Deutsche Glasfaser
Sep 6, 2016 – Agama has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser is implementing Agama's video service assurance solution. Deutsche Glasfaser operates Germany's most far-reaching independent open access FTTH networks along with an IPTV platform.
News categories: Agama, Deutsche Glasfaser, Mikael Dahlgren, Niels Jonkman, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic