Digital TV News: PwC
Quickplay integrates Vionlabs-powered media descriptors
Nov 2, 2022 – Quickplay and Vionlabs have announced a technology integration that uses AI-based analysis of video files to increase viewer engagement and satisfaction, as well as ad monetization by OTT providers.
News categories: Vionlabs, Quickplay, Marcus Bergström, Naveen Narayanan, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
Sep 27, 2022 – UK entertainment and media companies are holding their nerve despite the worsening economic outlook, and putting their trust in their digital investment strategies, according to a report from PwC.
News categories: PwC, Dan Bunyan, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
Jun 20, 2022 – According to PwC, the global entertainment and media (E&M) industry surged ahead last year, strongly outpacing global economic growth. Following a pandemic-related 2.3% decline in 2020, E&M revenue rose a strong 10.4% in 2021.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
May 17, 2022 – ACCESS Europe has announced that BEAN TECH's in-vehicle infotainment system, powered by ACCESS Twine for Car, has been chosen by Great Wall Motor (GWM) in Europe to provide IVI in its GWM ORA and WEY models.
News categories: ACCESS CO, BEAN TECH, Great Wall Motor, NetRange, Michi Uematsu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Middleware
Entertainment & media rebounding strongly from pandemic slump
Jul 12, 2021 – According to PwC, the entertainment & media industry has regained its momentum. The industry is on track to grow 6.5% in 2021 and 6.7% in 2022, fueled by strong demand for digital content and advertising.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
Jun 15, 2021 – Conviva has released its inaugural State of Streaming Advertising report, revealing gaps in how publishers, buyers and consumers perceive streaming ads, and what this means for the streaming ad industry.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Scott McDonald, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Cadent to automate addressable advertising for Liberty Global across Europe
Jan 5, 2021 – Cadent has announced that it has expanded its addressable linear and VOD Advertising Platform into Liberty Global's Irish footprint, Virgin Media Ireland, with its continental European markets to follow in 2021.
News categories: Cadent, Liberty Global, Keith Kryszczun, Pieter Vervoort, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
PwC releases Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2020–2024
Sep 2, 2020 – According to PwC, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated and amplified ongoing shifts in consumers’ behaviour, pulling forward digital disruption and forging industry tipping points that wouldn’t have been reached for many years.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Digital TV, Market Research, UK, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars