Digital TV News: SENTECH
South Africa to switch-off analogue TV on March 31st
Feb 28, 2022 – South Africa's Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies has determined that the 31st of March 2022 will be the date for the final switch-off of the analogue TV and the end of dual illumination in the country.
News categories: Department of Communications and Digital Technologies, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
Nov 25, 2021 – South Africa managed to conclude analogue Switch-off in the Free-State province at the end of October and on 26th November 2021 the switch-off of the last SABC analogue site in the Northern-Cape in Upington will be completed.
News categories: Communications and Digital Technologies, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa begins analogue TV switch-off
Mar 16, 2021 – South Africa has started with the phased switch-off of analogue television transmitters in the Free State. The process, carried out province-by-province, is expected to complete by the end of March 2022.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Digital Technologies, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sentech delivers DTH and DTT via Intelsat 20
Sep 25, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Sentech has extended its contract for multiple years. Sentech will continue to use Ku-band capacity on Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E to expand its DTH and DTT services in Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, Sentech, Rhys Morgan, Leago Takalani, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa's digital TV transition 18 months from completion
Apr 17, 2015 – Speaking at the Southern African Digital Broadcasting Workshop, South Africa's Minister of Communications said that the country plans to implement its transition to digital broadcasting over the next 18 months.
News categories: Faith Muthambi, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Sentech opts for Net Insight for DTT network in South Africa
Feb 18, 2015 – Net Insight has announced that its transport solution has been selected by South Africa's state-owned transmission network operator Sentech, to deliver contribution services for its national digital terrestrial TV (DTT) network.
News categories: Net Insight, Sentech, Fredrik Tumegård, Setumo Mohapi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
South Africa's OpenView HD now available on same satellite as DStv
Oct 6, 2014 – OpenView HD, South Africa’s first free-to-view DTH satellite television platform, will soon also be available on the same satellite dish used to receive DStv, Vivid and Freevision services.
News categories: Platco Digital, OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media into the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM