Digital TV News: Silicon Laboratories
Silicon Labs Ships 100 Million TV Tuner ICs
Aug 8, 2012 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced that it has shipped its one hundred millionth silicon TV tuner. Silicon Labs' TV tuners were the first to fully displace traditional tuner modules in iDTVs and have been adopted by virtually all name-brand TV makers.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Raises the Bar for Silicon TV Tuners
Jun 25, 2012 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a family of TV tuners. The Si21x8 family includes five devices optimized for hybrid analog/digital iDTVs, analog-only or digital-only TVs, portable TVs, DVD and Blu-ray recorders, and terrestrial and cable STBs.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Demodulator Simplifies Video Front-Ends for TVs and Set-Top Boxes
Jun 11, 2012 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a single-chip multimedia demodulator. The new Si2169 device is the first demodulator to integrate DVB-T2, DVB-S2, and existing DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C standards into a single CMOS chip.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Introduces Industry's First Single-Chip Hybrid TV Receiver
Sep 26, 2011 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced the industry's first single-chip hybrid TV receiver family designed to simplify the design of TVs, set-top boxes (STBs), Blu-ray recorders and PC accessories.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Targets Next-Generation TV Tuner IC for Massive China TV Market
Aug 22, 2011 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a silicon TV tuner designed to provide an optimal balance of affordable cost and high performance for TV makers in China and Taiwan.
News categories: Silicon Labs, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Taiwan
Silicon TV Tuners Value Expected to Reach US$ 750 Million in 2015
Aug 16, 2011 – The transition from older-style can-type tuners to silicon TV tuners finally began to occur in 2010. According to new In-Stat research, sales of silicon TV tuners will reach $750 million in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Worldwide Mobile TV Tuner Market Value to Exceed $400 Million by 2014
Nov 2, 2010 – Digital mobile TV services are ramping up throughout Asia, as well as Latin America. In the US, new ATSC mobile DTV services are launching. As a result, In-Stat expects the worldwide market value of mobile TV tuners to exceed $400 million by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor
Silicon Vendors Battle For $500 Milion TV Tuner Market
Jul 20, 2010 – Silicon chip vendors are fighting hard for the shifting TV tuner market in which traditional can-type TV tuners are being replaced by all-solid-state, silicon-based TV tuners, reports In-Stat. NXP is the global market leader for silicon tuners.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024