Digital TV News: Silicon Laboratories
Silicon Labs Ships 100 Million TV Tuner ICs
Aug 8, 2012 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has announced that it has shipped its one hundred millionth silicon TV tuner. Silicon Labs' TV tuners were the first to fully displace traditional tuner modules in iDTVs and have been adopted by virtually all name-brand TV makers.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Raises the Bar for Silicon TV Tuners
Jun 25, 2012 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a family of TV tuners. The Si21x8 family includes five devices optimized for hybrid analog/digital iDTVs, analog-only or digital-only TVs, portable TVs, DVD and Blu-ray recorders, and terrestrial and cable STBs.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Demodulator Simplifies Video Front-Ends for TVs and Set-Top Boxes
Jun 11, 2012 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a single-chip multimedia demodulator. The new Si2169 device is the first demodulator to integrate DVB-T2, DVB-S2, and existing DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C standards into a single CMOS chip.
News categories: Silicon Laboratories, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Introduces Industry's First Single-Chip Hybrid TV Receiver
Sep 26, 2011 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced the industry's first single-chip hybrid TV receiver family designed to simplify the design of TVs, set-top boxes (STBs), Blu-ray recorders and PC accessories.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Silicon Labs Targets Next-Generation TV Tuner IC for Massive China TV Market
Aug 22, 2011 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a silicon TV tuner designed to provide an optimal balance of affordable cost and high performance for TV makers in China and Taiwan.
News categories: Silicon Labs, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Taiwan
Silicon TV Tuners Value Expected to Reach US$ 750 Million in 2015
Aug 16, 2011 – The transition from older-style can-type tuners to silicon TV tuners finally began to occur in 2010. According to new In-Stat research, sales of silicon TV tuners will reach $750 million in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Worldwide Mobile TV Tuner Market Value to Exceed $400 Million by 2014
Nov 2, 2010 – Digital mobile TV services are ramping up throughout Asia, as well as Latin America. In the US, new ATSC mobile DTV services are launching. As a result, In-Stat expects the worldwide market value of mobile TV tuners to exceed $400 million by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor
Silicon Vendors Battle For $500 Milion TV Tuner Market
Jul 20, 2010 – Silicon chip vendors are fighting hard for the shifting TV tuner market in which traditional can-type TV tuners are being replaced by all-solid-state, silicon-based TV tuners, reports In-Stat. NXP is the global market leader for silicon tuners.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data