Digital TV News: Smartclip
Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
Aug 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Smartclip to enter the Spanish market. The expansion delivers another pillar in Samba TV's global growth strategy, marking the company’s fifth major international announcement this year.
News categories: Samba TV, Smartclip, David Barker, Ángel Fernández Nebot, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Spain
RTL Group creates international advertising sales unit
Feb 17, 2022 – RTL Group is to combine its RTL AdConnect, G+J iMS businesses and the media division of Smartclip to create an international advertising sales champion. The unit will cooperate with RTL's Yospace and Smartclip for ad-tech services.
News categories: RTL Group, Thomas Rabe, Stéphane Coruble, Daniel Bischoff, Advertising, Europe, MandA
RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
Oct 21, 2021 – RTL Group and Amobee will establish a jointly owned sales and services company called TechAlliance, which will combine the ad-tech services of Amobee, Smartclip and Yospace in continental Europe.
News categories: RTL Group, Amobee, Yospace, Thomas Rabe, Nick Brien, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
Sep 20, 2021 – smartclip and rlaxx TV have partnered to monetise the linear ad breaks within the rlaxx TV channel offering in Europe. The cooperation will kick off in the UK and Germany, with Spain joining in the next few months.
News categories: smartclip, rlaxx TV, Stephen Byrne, Ronny Lutzi, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Spain, Streaming, UK
Clubbing TV to monetise connected TV inventory with smartclip
Jul 13, 2021 – smartclip has added Clubbing TV to its connected TV portfolio. The smartclip adtech stack will power the Clubbing TV programme with advertising similar to linear TV ads, while offering advanced digital targeting.
News categories: smartclip, Clubbing TV, Stephen Byrne, Stéphane Schweizer, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Ad Alliance Netherlands moving to Smartclip video monetisation technology
Feb 16, 2021 – Ad Alliance Netherlands is migrating to Smartclip’s video monetisation technology to support growth in video advertising. Both parties aim to further intensify their cooperation in the future.
News categories: Smartclip, Ad Alliance Netherlands, Thomas Servatius, Ton Rozestraten, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
Jan 22, 2021 – RTL AdConnect and smartclip have announced that RTL AdConnect will now use smartclip's ad serving and SSP stack for a larger portion of its European addressable TV and online video campaigns.
News categories: AdConnect, smartclip, Stéphane Coruble, Dr. Oliver Vesper, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperation
Nov 17, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL have announced that RTL's streaming service, TV Now Premium, will be integrated with Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV, and the pair have also agreed to increase cooperation on advertising with a special focus on addressable TV.
News categories: Mediengruppe RTL, Deutsche Telekom, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Streaming
ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
May 28, 2020 – ATRESMEDIA and smartclip have expanded their strategic agreement to ATRESMEDIA’s Addressable TV portfolio. The biggest priority will be given to roll out full addressability of the traditional broadcast TV ad break.
News categories: smartclip, ATRESMEDIA, Thomas Servatius, Arturo Larrainzar, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Spain
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion