Digital TV News: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
Motive Television Introduces TV Anytime Anywhere™ VOD Platform for US Cable
Oct 9, 2012 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced the launch of its TV Anytime Anywhere™ platform for cable in the U.S. The platform delivers on-demand video and live TV to STBs and mobile devices without the need for costly CDN infrastructure.
News categories: Motive Television, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
SCTE creates working group to promote cable equipment recycling
Sep 20, 2012 – The SCTE has announced steps to advance recycling efforts within the cable industry with the creation of a new working group and formal efforts to develop Recommended Cable Electronic Equipment Recycling Practices for Cable Operators.
News categories: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
SCTE announces first two energy standards for cable industry
Jul 31, 2012 – The SCTE has announced formal adoption of SCTE 184 and SCTE 186, the first two standards for energy management in cable telecommunications. The standards have been created to help reduce energy consumption and costs within operations facilities.
News categories: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Cable TV, Content Distribution
CableLabs® Joins with SCTE to Demo 'Tools' at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010
Sep 29, 2010 – CableLabs® will join with the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) to host a booth featuring a number of operational tools and support software at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® in New Orleans October 20-22.
News categories: CableLabs, SCTE, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Gateway, Middleware, USA
Pace Set to Launch Multiroom DVR with Multiple Cable Operators
Oct 28, 2009 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that multiple cable operators, including Buckeye Cablevision, Mediacom, Sunflower Broadband, and others, are already nearing completion of field trials for Pace's Home Content Sharing (HCS) solution.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Smart Home, USA
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, USA
SCTE Assessing Standardization Needs For Next Generation 3D Content Delivery
Feb 19, 2009 – The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) announces today that its ANSI-accredited SCTE Standards Program has begun to investigate the standardization required for the carriage of next generation 3D content on cable networks.
News categories: SCTE, Cable TV, Digital TV
Conexant Launches DOCSIS 2.0+ IC Solutions
Feb 12, 2007 – Conexant Systems (NASDAQ:CNXT) has introduced a new family of DOCSIS 2.0+/EuroDOCSIS 2.0+ cable modem integrated circuits (ICs) for traditional broadcast and next-generation IP-based broadband video services.
News categories: Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027