Digital TV News: TVNZ
Vodafone NZ new TV box goes on sale in September
Aug 6, 2019 – Vodafone has announced that its Vodafone TV device wll go on sale in New Zealand in September. The box includes the ability to record content, and rewind free-to-air and Sky channels, plus a range of popular apps are pre-loaded.
News categories: Vodafone, Carolyn Luey, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview NZ on demand platform available via OTT STB
Jun 5, 2019 – Freeview New Zealand's On Demand platform is now available on the recently released Freeview streaming device (DISH TV SmartVU X). SmartVU X is a tiny gadget that connects to almost any TV and streams Freeview Live TV over the internet.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
Dec 10, 2018 – Freeview, in collaboration with Dish TV, Google and local content providers, has released the first Android TV powered PVR in New Zealand. The Freeview Recorder combines the entire suite of Freeview features with apps and extra content available through Google Play.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Freeview NZ rolls out new On Demand experience
Jul 4, 2018 – Freeview New Zealand has commenced roll-out of a new On Demand TV Platform to replace the existing FreeviewPlus service. The new Freeview On Demand provides a more seamless experience and easier access to shows and movies.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, New Zealand, UX
TVNZ uses Brightcove Context Aware Encoding for HEIHEI kids platform
May 28, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that TVNZ has implemented Brightcove’s Context Aware Encoding, for its new kids’ platform, HEIHEI. Implementing Brightcove’s technology enables TVNZ to save on storage and delivery costs.
News categories: Brightcove, TVNZ, Mark Stanton, Andrew Blakey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
Nov 1, 2017 – Vodafone New Zealand has announced the availability of Vodafone TV consoles. Vodafone TV brings SKY TV, free-to-air and a range of popular online and app-based entertainment together in one easy to use system.
News categories: Vodafone, Matt Williams, Digital TV, IPTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box
Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
Oct 19, 2017 – Freeview New Zealand has announced the launch of a new PVR along with a new Freeview On Demand platform combining Live TV and On Demand services. The PVR will be the first device to combine Freeview Live TV, Freeview On Demand and Freeview Record capabilities.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
Oct 17, 2017 – Vodafone has unveiled Vodafone TV – a world of entertainment that lets Kiwis experience television like never before. It brings SKY TV, free-to-air and a range of online and app-based entertainment services such as Netflix together in one intuitive, easy to use system.
News categories: Vodafone, SKY TV, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Digital TV
TVNZ uses Brightcove for server side ad insertion on Chromecast
Jul 31, 2017 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that it has enabled TVNZ to launch its video streaming service on Google Chromecast. Using Brightcove’s server-side ad insertion technology, TVNZ delivers a TV-like experience for its app through Google Chromecast.
News categories: Brightcove, TVNZ, Mark Stanton, Greg Montgomery, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying