Digital TV News: Telkom Indonesia
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
Worldwide Pay TV market far from dead
Aug 6, 2019 – The increasing adoption of video streaming platforms has created significant challenges to traditional pay TV. Yet, despite this, the overall pay TV market is expected to grow to more than 1.1 billion subscribers in 2024, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
SDMC provides technology for Telkom Indonesia's IndiBox
Feb 2, 2019 – SDMC has announced a collaboration with Telkom in Indonesia. The companies have signed a cooperation agreement for OTT TV platform development and the deployment of Android TV set-top boxes for Telkom's IndiBox project.
News categories: SDMC, Telkom Indonesia, Android TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Set Top Box
Indonesia's Metranet selects Brightcove for streaming to its OONA app
Oct 7, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that its video platform has been selected by Metranet, a subsidiary of Telkom Indonesia, to launch OONA, a mobile app designed to deliver both live linear and VOD experiences to audiences on the go.
News categories: Brightcove, Metranet, OONA, Ben Morrell, Widi Nugroho, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Telkom Indonesia launches OONA mobile TV app with Brightcove
Jul 16, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that its video platform has been selected by Metranet Telkom Indonesia to launch OONA, a mobile app designed to deliver both live linear and VOD experiences to audiences on the go.
News categories: Brightcove, Telkom Indonesia, OONA, Ben Morrell, Joddy Hernady, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, OTT
Telkom Indonesia's IndiHome triple play subscribers hit 4 million
Jun 7, 2018 – Telkom Indonesia has announced that its IndiHome service has reached the key milestone of 4 million subscribers. IndiHome is a triple play service consisting of fiber broadband, IPTV and home phone covering more than 160 cities across Indonesia.
News categories: Telkom Indonesia, Siti Choiriana, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Subscribers
IPTV reaches 6.7 million subscribers in South East Asia
Dec 22, 2017 – As in other Asian regions, South East Asian markets consist mainly of cable and satellite connections. However, Dataxis has noticed the increasing share of IPTV subscribers in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
News categories: Dataxis, Asia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Arianespace orbits SKY Brasil-1 and Telkom 3S HDTV satellites
Feb 14, 2017 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: SKY Brasil-1 for AT&T/DIRECTV; and Telkom 3S for Telkom Indonesia as part of a turnkey contract with Thales Alenia Space.
News categories: Arianespace, DIRECTV Latin America, Telkom Indonesia, Thales, Stéphane Israël, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Latin America, Satellite, Venezuela
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding