Digital TV News: The Independent Show
Independent Show 2021 to be all virtual
Sep 1, 2021 – The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) and ACA Connects (ACAC) have announced that the 2021 Independent Show will be held online. The online show will still be held on Oct. 5-6 as scheduled.
News categories: NCTC, ACAC, The Independent Show, Brad Mefferd, Lou Borrelli, Patricia Jo Boyers, Matt Polka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Show, USA
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Race Communications adopts Minerva's new managed video offering
Jul 2, 2018 – Minerva Networks has announced that its new managed TV service is being adopted by Race Communications to deploy advanced video offerings delivering a personalized entertainment experience across both STBs and consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Race Communications, Matt Cuson, Carlos Alcantar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, USA
Espial introduces Elevate IPTV SaaS platform
Jul 24, 2017 – Espial has announced the availability of Elevate IPTV a multi-tenant, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution. Elevate IPTV can help operators launch new live, video-on-demand, OTT and whole-home DVR services as quickly as within 90 days.
News categories: Espial, Mick McCluskey, Rob Folk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl launches the world’s first streaming cable TV network
Jul 25, 2016 – Wurl has announced the launch of the Wurl Network, the world’s first streaming cable TV network. The Wurl Network provides five channels broadband-delivered through cable TV operators’ connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Wurl, Fidelity Communications, Sean Doherty, Loren King, Cable TV, USA
Conklin-Intracom releases mobile TV app
May 6, 2014 – Conklin Intracom has announced the release of its cdn|anywhere™ Mobile TV app. Cable and IPTV service providers can now deliver live television programming, digital video recordings, and on-demand video to their subscribers’ hand-held devices.
News categories: Conklin-Intracom, Dave Hunt, Randy Holzworth, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
Motorola Delivers Hosted Switched Digital Video Solutions to Independent Video Service Providers
Jul 26, 2010 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that its switched digital video (SDV) portfolio will now be available to independent video operators as a hosted solution operated from Motorola's Secure Operations Center in San Diego.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G