Digital TV News: Trident Micro
Trident Microsystems Files for Chapter 11 Protection
Jan 4, 2012 – Trident Microsystems has announced that the company and its Cayman subsidiary, Trident Microsystems (Far East) Ltd. have filed voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Market Exit Shows Dramatic Decline of Western TV Chip Suppliers
Sep 29, 2011 – Broadcom's (NASDAQ: BRCM) exit from the markets for TV video processing chips illustrates the intense state of competition in this area, as Asian suppliers drive the established Western suppliers out of the business, according to iSuppli (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Trident and LG CNS Announce Commercial Android STB Deployment
Sep 28, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that GBN has begun commercial deployment of Trident-based hybrid Cable STBs to their cable service subscribers in South Korea. LG CNS developed the Android STB software for the Trident solution.
News categories: Trident Micro, LG CNS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
AOC Selects Trident for Connected TV for Brazil
Sep 27, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its HiDTV® Pro-SXL system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been adopted in AOC's new series of Digital TVs for Brazil and other South American markets and has begun volume shipment.
News categories: Trident Micro, AOC, Brazil, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
Loewe Selects Trident's DTV Chipset for 3D HD Televisions
Sep 13, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that Trident's PNX5130 has been chosen to power Loewe's newly announced Individual Compose 3D line of HD televisions.
News categories: Trident Micro, Loewe, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Trident and Kaon Media Showcase Advanced Android STB at IBC
Sep 12, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced its showcase of Kaon Media's Android-based set-top box in the Trident booth at IBC 2011.
News categories: Trident Micro, Kaon, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Trident and LG CNS Collaborate for Advanced Android STB
Sep 9, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its latest set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoCs) powers an advanced Android-based hybrid STB developed by LG CNS of South Korea.
News categories: Trident Micro, LG CNS, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Trident Microsystems Selects Cryptography Research for Pay TV Security
Sep 7, 2011 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ:TRID) has integrated CRI's CryptoFirewall™ security technology into Trident's new TSC100 family of STB Systems on Chip (SoCs).
News categories: Cryptography Research, Trident Micro, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Trident Announces New Generation of Advanced Set-Top Box SoCs
Sep 7, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has unveiled a new generation of high-performance set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for the worldwide satellite, cable, and IPTV markets.
News categories: Trident Micro, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data