Digital TV News: WOWOW
WOWOW equips streaming service with NPAW video intelligence
Jul 13, 2021 – WOWOW has integrated NPAW video intelligence, in collaboration with INNOTECH. NPAW insights will help build stronger connections with subscribers, discover user needs and new business opportunities.
News categories: NPAW, WOWOW, Brian Pang, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Big Data, Digital TV, Japan, QoE, Streaming
WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
Mar 8, 2021 – Ittiam Systems has licensed its cloud based content adaptive media transcoder solution to WOWOW, a satellite TV station in Japan. The Transcoder provides video encoding with an AAC Audio encoder.
News categories: Ittiam, WOWOW, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
WOWOW and MQA show HD video playback with the highest quality sound
Oct 25, 2019 – Japanese pay TV broadcaster, WOWOW, is harnessing MQA's audio technology to showcase HD video playback with the highest quality sound. MQA’s technology enables the highest quality playback of original audio on all devices.
News categories: MQA, WOWOW, Bob Stuart, Hideo Irimajiri, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, UX
IPTV Forum Japan's Activities for CEATEC: Connecting Your TV to the Net
Oct 2, 2009 – The IPTV Forum Japan will present a special booth at CEATEC JAPAN 2009. The theme for the booth's display is Connecting Your TV to the Net, and it will focus on the nature of IPTV and how to connect household televisions to broadband networks.
News categories: IPTV Forum Japan, Japan, Smart TV, Streaming
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform