Digital TV News: Walmart
VIZIO reports Q1 2023 financial results
May 9, 2023 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. The company reported that there are now 17.5 million SmartCast Active Accounts. SmartCast ARPU was $29.20, up 23% YoY.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Paramount+ added 9.9 million subscribers in Q4 2022
Feb 16, 2023 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. Paramount+ subscribers grew to nearly 56 million following a record quarterly increase of 9.9 million.
News categories: Paramount, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Charter, Comcast streaming joint venture to take Xumo brand
Nov 2, 2022 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that their streaming joint venture will now operate as Xumo, evolving the brand from a FAST service to an entire entertainment ecosystem.
News categories: Xumo, Charter Communications, Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku to launch Smart Home product line with Walmart
Oct 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Walmart (NYSE: WMT) have launched smart home products from Roku, including security cameras, video doorbells, lighting, plugs, and more, to be available exclusively in Walmart stores.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Mustafa Ozgen, Mark Robins, Laura Rush, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
Sep 26, 2022 – Charter Communications has announced the availability of the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV. XClass TVs, currently sold by Walmart, are available in 50" and 43" screen sizes with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
News categories: Charter Communications, Jodi Robinson, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
Aug 15, 2022 – Walmart is taking its membership offering to the next level by adding a new streaming benefit. Walmart+ will soon be available for members with an added bonus – a Paramount+ Essential subscription at no extra cost.
News categories: Walmart, Paramount, Chris Cracchiolo, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads
Jun 16, 2022 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) have announced a partnership to make TV streaming the next e-commerce shopping destination. Walmart will be the exclusive retailer to enable streamers to purchase featured products fulfilled by Walmart directly on Roku.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Peter Hamilton, William White, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
May 25, 2022 – Roku and Walmart Canada have announced the launch of onn. Roku TV models. The TVs will be available in Canada and sold exclusively in-store and online at Walmart starting this month.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Marcin Lempka, Mallory Craigmile, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.