Digital TV News: Wave Broadband
WOW! sells five service areas in two separate transactions
Jun 30, 2021 – WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) has announced that Atlantic Broadband (TSE: CCA) has agreed to acquire its Cleveland and Columbus service areas and Astound Broadband has agreed to acquire its Chicago, Evansville and Anne Arundel areas.
News categories: WOW!, Atlantic Broadband, Astound Broadband, Teresa Elder, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
Oct 15, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the TiVo Stream 4K. The device will be paired with RCN, Grande and Wave’s ultra-high-speed internet to bring its customers more home entertainment options.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
One million customers for RCN, Grande and Wave
Sep 9, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave, providers of high-speed internet, digital TV and phone services across seven of the top 10 DMAs the U.S., have announced that together they are now serving one million customers.
News categories: RCN, Grande Communications, Wave Broadband, Jim Holanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
Feb 21, 2020 – RCN, Grande, Wave has announced the acquisition of EnTouch Systems, adding its residential and business services in Houston, TX to the organization's portfolio. The acquisition will add approximately 22,000 customers to its operations in Texas.
News categories: EnTouch, RCN, TPG Capital, Sam Luxton, Jim Holanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
RCN, Grande and Wave Broadband join forces
May 22, 2017 – RCN Telecom Services has announced the combining of RCN, Grande Communications and Wave Broadband to create the sixth largest cable operator. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2017.
News categories: RCN, Wave Broadband, TPG Capital, Jim Holanda, Steve Simmons, Steve Weed, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data