Digital TV News: Wowza
Wowza acquires video player specialist, Flowplayer
Sep 7, 2022 – Wowza has announced that it has acquired Flowplayer, a Sweden-based video player specialist. The acquisition was made in partnership with Clearhaven Partners, a US-based private equity firm that focuses on software and technology.
News categories: Wowza, Flowplayer, David Stubenvoll, Michelle Noon, Henrik Lovén, Dominik Schreiner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
Wowza launches Wowza Video integrated video platform
Apr 19, 2022 – Wowza Media Systems has launched Wowza Video. With the launch, Wowza bolsters its live streaming technology with VOD functionality — synthesizing all the essential video capabilities that today’s businesses require.
News categories: Wowza, David Stubenvoll, Jon Duncan, Patrick Freeman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
Feb 24, 2021 – Wowza Media Systems has announced support for DRM technology in Wowza Streaming Cloud through integration with the EZDRM's DRM as a Service (DRMaaS), giving broadcasters control over their cloud-based streaming workflows.
News categories: Wowza, EZDRM, David Stubenvoll, Olga Kornienko, Pedro Centieiro, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Google joins the Streaming Video Alliance
May 10, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance, an industry forum solving challenges to improve the video experience, has announced at its Annual Meeting that Google has joined as its newest member.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Viacom, Google, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Alec Hendry, Content Distribution, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
SRT Alliance adds 22 new members
Jul 13, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low latency video streaming, has announced that 22 new members have joined the initiative including Brightcove, Harmonic, Limelight and Perform Group.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Haivision and Wowza form SRT Alliance video streaming initiative
Apr 24, 2017 – Wowza Media and Haivision have announced the founding of the SRT Alliance and the open source availability of SRT, a video transport protocol to enable the delivery of secure, low-latency video across the public internet.
News categories: Wowza Media, Haivision, SRT Alliance, Charlie Good, Peter Maag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification