Digital TV News: Wurl TV
Wurl partners with Zixi to move cable TV channels to the internet
Apr 23, 2017 – The Wurl TV Network and Zixi have announced a partnership to use Zixi’s streaming platform to distribute Wurl’s TV programming to cable and OTT video services.
News categories: Wurl TV, Zixi, Sean Doherty, Chris Noe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Wurl TV added to Espial video platform
Apr 6, 2017 – Wurl TV is now available to video service providers who use Espial's Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl's internet-delivered TV channels on Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Espial, Wurl TV, Jaison Dolvane, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Wurl TV launches on TiVo
Mar 14, 2017 – Wurl TV has announced that Wurl’s Internet-delivered programming is now available on TiVo’s cable TV and retail set-top boxes. For cable operators, Wurl provides a programming alternative to traditional cable networks.
News categories: Wurl TV, TiVo, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK