Digital TV News: YouGov
One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
Feb 19, 2020 – A Coalition Against Piracy study of the online content viewing behaviour of Taiwanese consumers, has revealed that 33% of consumers have accessed streaming piracy websites or torrent sites to access premium content without paying any subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Thomas Ee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
Survey sees streaming subscription fatigue among U.S. consumers
Jan 6, 2020 – 59% of Americans are not willing to pay more than $20 a month for streaming TV services, according to a survey by The Trade Desk. Furthermore, 75% will not pay more than $30 a month. These results suggest a subscription fatigue threshold for TV streaming services.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Brian Stempeck, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
Surge in use of Illicit Streaming Devices amongst online Filipino consumers
Sep 11, 2019 – A study of the content viewing behavior of Filipino consumers, has revealed that 34% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The latest research shows a substantial increase compared to a similar study last year.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
23% of Malaysian online consumers use illicit streaming devices
Sep 3, 2019 – A study has revealed that 23% of Malaysian consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access hundreds of pirated TV channels and VOD content, usually with a low annual subscription fee.
News categories: AVIA, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
Jul 19, 2019 – ITV and the BBC plan to launch BritBox in the UK in the fourth quarter of this year. BritBox will be full of the UK's favourite programmes and the home of the largest collection of British boxsets. BritBox is also commissioning a range of original series.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Carolyn McCall, Tony Hall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
Jun 17, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its annual Asia OTT TV market study. The study polled 9,000 participants across the following nine countries: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Greg Armshaw, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
Edgeware enables broadcasters to launch tailored live TV channels for OTT
Apr 2, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Virtual Channel Creation solution. The product can be used to create alternative OTT versions of linear channels that are adapted for their audiences – such as fans of different sports teams, an age demographic or people watching in a particular region.
News categories: Edgeware, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software