Digital TV News: YouGov
Streaming dominates UK television landscape
Sep 23, 2022 – Streaming is more popular than ever among all age groups, reaching 73% of Brits, according to research by The Trade Desk. The rise of streaming in the UK is driven by viewers in the 18- to 34-year-old age group.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Dave Castell, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Box Broadband launches fibre TV service in UK with Netgem
Dec 15, 2021 – Box Broadband has launched its TV offering through a partnership with Netgem TV. Netgem TV complements the Freeview Play service with extra box sets and movies, and a choice of 'add on' subscription apps via a 4K TV Box and a mobile app.
News categories: Netgem, Box Broadband, Shan Eisenberg, Graham Sargood, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Channel 4 to share streaming content performance data with producers
Aug 19, 2021 – Channel 4 has launched its Producers Performance Report which gives individual producers valuable data on how their new programmes have performed on All 4 and the broadcaster’s linear channels.
News categories: Channel 4, Emma Hardy, Rebecca Thompson, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Nearly half of American TV viewers already cordless
Jun 29, 2021 – Cordless TV consumers are on track to become the predominant TV consumer in the next year, according to the fourth Future of TV survey of more than 4,000 U.S. adults by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Vietnam among highest for online piracy in Southeast Asia
May 17, 2021 – A study of the online content viewing behaviour of Vietnamese consumers has found that 60% access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites. The levels of piracy went as high as 65% within the 18-24 age demographic.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, YouGov, Neil Gane, Thomas Jayet, Phan Vu Tuan, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Vietnam
Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
Jan 12, 2021 – U.S. households are cancelling their cable subscriptions more rapidly than previously reported. Data from The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD) shows 27% of U.S. cable TV subscribers are planning to cut their subscriptions in 2021.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Entain and Verizon Media to develop VR experience for live sports
Dec 17, 2020 – Verizon Media and Entain plc (LSE: ENT) have announced that they will develop a highly immersive proof of concept VR experience that will combine live sports viewing with interactive layers of sports data and gaming.
News categories: Verizon Media, Entain, Guru Gowrappan, Shay Segev, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, UK, USA, UX
64% of U.S. households may lack long-term interest in subscribing to cable TV
Apr 21, 2020 – 64 percent of U.S. households with at least one screen have cut the cord with cable TV, are planning to cut the cord, or never subscribed, according to a recent survey of more than 2,600 U.S. consumers by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq:TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Brian Stempeck, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
Feb 19, 2020 – A Coalition Against Piracy study of the online content viewing behaviour of Taiwanese consumers, has revealed that 33% of consumers have accessed streaming piracy websites or torrent sites to access premium content without paying any subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Thomas Ee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set