Digital TV News: blue TV
Swisscom blue TV comes to Apple TV and net+ TV boxes
Jul 19, 2021 – The Swisscom blue TV app is now available on Apple TV and net+ TV boxes. Since launch, apps for LG smart TVs as well as Quickline and Wingo STBs have joined the originally released apps for Samsung TVs and UPC TV boxes.
News categories: Swisscom, blue TV, Wolfgang Elsässer, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Switzerland
Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland
Apr 29, 2021 – Sunrise UPC has announced that the Amazon Prime Video app is now available on UPC TV in Switzerland. Netflix, Starzplay, YouTube, Sky and Blue TV app are also fully integrated into the UPC TV box.
News categories: UPC TV, Prime Video, Tina Rodriguez, Barry Furlough, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Switzerland
SRG SSR launches Swiss multilingual streaming app with You.i TV
Nov 10, 2020 – You.i TV has announced that their engine is being utilized by the SRG SSR as the underlying technology behind recently launched Play Suisse. Leveraging You.i Engine One, a small team of developers was ready for launch within just 9 months.
News categories: You.i TV, SRG SSR, Jason Flick, Michaël De Lucia, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform