Digital TV News: eMarketer
Ad fraud continues to be a significant issue in CTV
May 18, 2023 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has released its 2023 Global Insights Report. The report highlights key digital ad quality trends, and demonstrates the need for always-on verification across channels.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Allen Media adds VideoAmp currency for 2023-24 Upfront season
Apr 26, 2023 – Allen Media Group (AMG) has announced that VideoAmp will be offered as a new currency in the 2023-24 Upfront season, beginning with The Weather Channel television network.
News categories: VideoAmp, Allen Media Group, Michael Parkes, Byron Allen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
Mar 10, 2023 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) is partnering with Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) to provide its first-party data for targeting and measurement. Best Buy will also give shoppers exclusive access to Roku-branded TVs.
News categories: Roku, Best Buy, Julian Mintz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Publica joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
Mar 10, 2023 – Publica will be joining the new, global Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Ad Server Certification Program for streaming TV, allowing simpler APS header bidding integration for publishers.
News categories: Publica, Amazon Publisher Services, Sean Galligan, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Aniview, Evrideo launch distribution and monetization solution for CTV channels
Feb 15, 2023 – Aniview and Evrideo have announced a combined solution supporting the creation, distribution, and monetization needs of broadcasters, free ad-supported TV (FAST) network providers and CTV device manufacturers.
News categories: Aniview, Evrideo, Alon Carmel, Greg Smith, Avi Zenou, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Roku celebrates 70 million active accounts
Jan 5, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its global active accounts now exceed 70 million, up from 60.1 million in Q4 2021. Streaming hours were 23.9 billion in Q4 and 87.4 billion for full year 2022, a 19% increase Y-o-Y.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
CTV fraudsters impersonate Smart refrigerators to falsify CTV traffic
Aug 24, 2022 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that its DV Fraud Lab has discovered a new variant of the Connected TV (CTV) advertising fraud scheme, LeoTerra. The new variant spoofs IoT devices in an attempt to hide fraudulent behavior.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Roy Rosenfeld, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
AppLovin to acquire Wurl
Feb 28, 2022 – AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) has concluded an agreement to acquire Wurl. The transaction is valued at approximately $430 million. The acquisition will extend AppLovin’s software platform capabilities into the CTV market.
News categories: AppLovin, Wurl, Adam Foroughi, Sean Doherty Sr, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
SERAPHIC releases HbbTV browser SDK 6.0
Jan 6, 2022 – Based on the up-to-date Chromium browser engine, SERAPHIC’s HbbTV SDK 6.0 implements performance improvements, including support for the latest HbbTV 2.0.3 specification and the HbbTV-TA specification, on both Linux and Android platforms.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Xinwen Xue, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media