Digital TV News: iSuppli Corp
VIZIO Launches VIZIO Co-Star™ With Google TV Stream Player
Jun 26, 2012 – VIZIO has announced the launch of its VIZIO Co-Star™ Stream Player. Using the latest version of Google TV™, the VIZIO Co-Star makes it easy to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one intuitive and easy experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Google TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
VIZIO incorporates Sigma Designs connected TV chipset in Cinemawide® HDTVs
Jun 25, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its chipset has been selected by VIZIO for its ultra wide Cinemawide® HDTVs. The VIZIO Cinemawide HDTV brings panoramic 21:9 aspect ratio to the U.S. for the first time, in 2560 x 1080 resolution.
News categories: Sigma Designs, VIZIO, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Trident Dominates Fast-Growing TV Chip Market in 2010
Nov 17, 2010 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) in 2010 has stormed into the leadership position in the fast-growing market for television video processing chips, according to iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
iSuppli Teardown Reveals Apple TV's Inner iPad
Oct 5, 2010 – Although Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) second-generation Apple TV represents a dramatic departure from the first-generation product, its internal design and key components are almost exactly the same as the iPad and iPod Touch, according to iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Apple TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
China's Cable Set-Top Box Shipments Rise Courtesy of Network Convergence Project
Oct 5, 2010 – China's Three Networks Convergence project is driving the expansion of the country's cable Set-Top Box (STB) market, with shipments set to rise by nearly 25 percent in 2010, according to the market research firm iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
iSuppli Trims 2010 Semiconductor Forecast Amid Softening Demand, Rising Stockpiles
Sep 30, 2010 – With consumer demand slowing and inventories rising, the market research firm iSuppli Corp. is trimming its 2010 semiconductor revenue forecast to 32 percent, down from its previous outlook of 35.1 percent.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Internet-Enabled TV Trumps 3-D TV in 2010
Jul 28, 2010 – While the consumer electronics headlines this year have been dominated by 3-D television news, the real story in 2010 is about Internet-Enabled TVs (IETVs), according to iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
TV Semiconductor Market Poised to Enjoy Biggest Year Yet in 2010
Jul 22, 2010 – LED backlighting and other advanced television architectures making their way into an ever-larger number of LCD-TVs will power the global television semiconductor market toward its biggest year yet in 2010, according to iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Consumers Start Buying 3D Televisions--but Challenges Loom
May 25, 2010 – According to iSuppli, worldwide shipments of 3D TVs -- introduced to the market for the first time in March -- are expected to reach 4.2 million units in 2010, thanks to increasing traction and acceptance from enthusiastic early adopters.
News categories: iSuppli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029