Digital TV News: smartclip
smartclip and Ad Alliance enhance linear TV spots with addressable formats
Dec 15, 2022 – Ad Alliance and smartclip have announced a solution to enhance linear TV spots with targetable Addressable TV formats. Dynamically added banner ads can be integrated into the linear TV spot or the complete spot can be replaced digitally.
News categories: smartclip, Ad Alliance, Thomas Servatius, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany
Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
Aug 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Smartclip to enter the Spanish market. The expansion delivers another pillar in Samba TV's global growth strategy, marking the company’s fifth major international announcement this year.
News categories: Samba TV, Smartclip, David Barker, Ángel Fernández Nebot, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Spain
RTL Group creates international advertising sales unit
Feb 17, 2022 – RTL Group is to combine its RTL AdConnect, G+J iMS businesses and the media division of Smartclip to create an international advertising sales champion. The unit will cooperate with RTL's Yospace and Smartclip for ad-tech services.
News categories: RTL Group, Thomas Rabe, Stéphane Coruble, Daniel Bischoff, Advertising, Europe, MandA
RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
Oct 21, 2021 – RTL Group and Amobee will establish a jointly owned sales and services company called TechAlliance, which will combine the ad-tech services of Amobee, Smartclip and Yospace in continental Europe.
News categories: RTL Group, Amobee, Yospace, Thomas Rabe, Nick Brien, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
Sep 20, 2021 – smartclip and rlaxx TV have partnered to monetise the linear ad breaks within the rlaxx TV channel offering in Europe. The cooperation will kick off in the UK and Germany, with Spain joining in the next few months.
News categories: smartclip, rlaxx TV, Stephen Byrne, Ronny Lutzi, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Spain, Streaming, UK
Clubbing TV to monetise connected TV inventory with smartclip
Jul 13, 2021 – smartclip has added Clubbing TV to its connected TV portfolio. The smartclip adtech stack will power the Clubbing TV programme with advertising similar to linear TV ads, while offering advanced digital targeting.
News categories: smartclip, Clubbing TV, Stephen Byrne, Stéphane Schweizer, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Ad Alliance Netherlands moving to Smartclip video monetisation technology
Feb 16, 2021 – Ad Alliance Netherlands is migrating to Smartclip’s video monetisation technology to support growth in video advertising. Both parties aim to further intensify their cooperation in the future.
News categories: Smartclip, Ad Alliance Netherlands, Thomas Servatius, Ton Rozestraten, Advertising, Digital TV, Netherlands
RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
Jan 22, 2021 – RTL AdConnect and smartclip have announced that RTL AdConnect will now use smartclip's ad serving and SSP stack for a larger portion of its European addressable TV and online video campaigns.
News categories: AdConnect, smartclip, Stéphane Coruble, Dr. Oliver Vesper, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperation
Nov 17, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL have announced that RTL's streaming service, TV Now Premium, will be integrated with Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV, and the pair have also agreed to increase cooperation on advertising with a special focus on addressable TV.
News categories: Mediengruppe RTL, Deutsche Telekom, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Streaming
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024
- KC Global Media launches HD FAST channel on JioTV and JioTV+
- Telstra Broadcast Services and BT pool media network footprints
- Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
- MainConcept launches live encoder with VVC and LCEVC