Digital TV News: Access Advance
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Microsoft joins HEVC Advance patent pool
Dec 24, 2021 – Access Advance has announced that Microsoft has become a Licensor and Licensee of the HEVC Advance Patent Pool. All of Microsoft's HEVC/H.265 essential patents are now included under the HEVC Advance Patent Pool license.
News categories: Access Advance, Microsoft, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance launches VVC/H.266 video patent pool
Jul 1, 2021 – Access Advance has launched a VVC Advance Patent Pool. VVC provides improvements in video compression of up to 50% over HEVC. A discounted royalty rate is available to licensees of both this and the HEVC Advance patent pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance releases draft VVC Licensing Program Overview
Aug 20, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced the release of a draft VVC Licensing Program Overview. The Licensing Program, covering both VVC and HEVC, would establish the Advance Licensing Platform for Video Codecs.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
SpotX integrates with Amazon’s Transparent Ad Marketplace
Oct 5, 2017 – SpotX has announced the integration of its header bidding suite with Amazon Publisher Services’ Transparent Ad Marketplace (TAM). The SpotX and TAM integration is a fully server-side approach to video header bidding.
News categories: SpotX, Amazon Publisher Services, Sean Buckley, Ken Leeder, Advertising, Worldwide
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming
Entone selected by Chequamegon Communications
Aug 26, 2009 – Entone has announced that its Hydra HD™ IP video gateway and Amulet™ HD IPTV receiver have been chosen for Chequamegon Communications' IPTV service rollout. Chequamegon is the largest telephone cooperative in Wisconsin.
News categories: Entone, Chequamegon, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data