Digital TV News: Alex Green
Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
May 23, 2017 – Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
News categories: Amazon, Alex Green, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
BT launches multiroom set-top box
Jun 2, 2014 – BT has announced that it is now offering customers the option of having two YouView+ boxes in different rooms in their homes. The Extra Box will automatically include the same services as the main box in the house.
News categories: BT TV, Alex Green, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
BT launches the smallest YouView+ box yet
Feb 25, 2014 – BT has launched a new smaller and sleeker version of its YouView+ set-top box. The design of the new YouView+ box aligns with the rest of the BT devices family including the BT Home Hub 4 and Hub 5.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
thePlatform selected by BT as Central Video Logistics System for TV
Mar 14, 2013 – thePlatform has disclosed that its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, is serving as the central logistics system for BT's newest IP-based TV services in the UK, including BT Vision and YouView from BT.
News categories: thePlatform, BT plc, Content Distribution, IPTV, Streaming, UK
TI demonstrates Android development platform bringing ZigBee® and ZigBee RF4CE to Smartphones and Tablets
Feb 14, 2011 – Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) has showcased an Android 2.2 software development platform, designed to simplify the mobile device integration of the ZigBee® and ZigBee RF4CE protocol stacks.
News categories: Texas Instruments, Middleware, Mobile, MWC22, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Virgin Media launches online movies service
Apr 26, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED)(LSE:VMED) has announced the launch of its first online movies service: Virgin Media Online Movies. UK film fans will be able to stream their choice of film, ready to watch when they want, directly to laptops, PCs and onto TVs.
News categories: Virgin Media, Streaming, UK
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th