Digital TV News: Alex Green
Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
May 23, 2017 – Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
News categories: Amazon, Alex Green, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UK
BT launches multiroom set-top box
Jun 2, 2014 – BT has announced that it is now offering customers the option of having two YouView+ boxes in different rooms in their homes. The Extra Box will automatically include the same services as the main box in the house.
News categories: BT TV, Alex Green, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
BT launches the smallest YouView+ box yet
Feb 25, 2014 – BT has launched a new smaller and sleeker version of its YouView+ set-top box. The design of the new YouView+ box aligns with the rest of the BT devices family including the BT Home Hub 4 and Hub 5.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
thePlatform selected by BT as Central Video Logistics System for TV
Mar 14, 2013 – thePlatform has disclosed that its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, is serving as the central logistics system for BT's newest IP-based TV services in the UK, including BT Vision and YouView from BT.
News categories: thePlatform, BT plc, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, UK
TI demonstrates Android development platform bringing ZigBee® and ZigBee RF4CE to Smartphones and Tablets
Feb 14, 2011 – Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) has showcased an Android 2.2 software development platform, designed to simplify the mobile device integration of the ZigBee® and ZigBee RF4CE protocol stacks.
News categories: Texas Instruments, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Virgin Media launches online movies service
Apr 26, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED)(LSE:VMED) has announced the launch of its first online movies service: Virgin Media Online Movies. UK film fans will be able to stream their choice of film, ready to watch when they want, directly to laptops, PCs and onto TVs.
News categories: Virgin Media, OTT, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results