Digital TV News: Alex Green
Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
May 23, 2017 – Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
News categories: Amazon, Alex Green, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
BT launches multiroom set-top box
Jun 2, 2014 – BT has announced that it is now offering customers the option of having two YouView+ boxes in different rooms in their homes. The Extra Box will automatically include the same services as the main box in the house.
News categories: BT TV, Alex Green, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
BT launches the smallest YouView+ box yet
Feb 25, 2014 – BT has launched a new smaller and sleeker version of its YouView+ set-top box. The design of the new YouView+ box aligns with the rest of the BT devices family including the BT Home Hub 4 and Hub 5.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
thePlatform selected by BT as Central Video Logistics System for TV
Mar 14, 2013 – thePlatform has disclosed that its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, is serving as the central logistics system for BT's newest IP-based TV services in the UK, including BT Vision and YouView from BT.
News categories: thePlatform, BT plc, Content Distribution, IPTV, Streaming, UK
TI demonstrates Android development platform bringing ZigBee® and ZigBee RF4CE to Smartphones and Tablets
Feb 14, 2011 – Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) has showcased an Android 2.2 software development platform, designed to simplify the mobile device integration of the ZigBee® and ZigBee RF4CE protocol stacks.
News categories: Texas Instruments, Middleware, Mobile, MWC23, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Virgin Media launches online movies service
Apr 26, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED)(LSE:VMED) has announced the launch of its first online movies service: Virgin Media Online Movies. UK film fans will be able to stream their choice of film, ready to watch when they want, directly to laptops, PCs and onto TVs.
News categories: Virgin Media, Streaming, UK
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania