Digital TV News: Altice USA
Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
Nov 18, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled BUZZR to transition to cloud-managed broadcast operations. BUZZR has integrated its broadcast workflows, across over-the-air, cable and OTT, onto a single unified platform.
News categories: Amagi, BUZZR, Srinivasan KA, Mark Deetjen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Cogeco rejects takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers
Sep 3, 2020 – Cogeco (TSX: CGO) and Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) have announced that the independent members of their boards have rejected the unsolicited, non-binding takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers Communications.
News categories: Cogeco, Altice USA, Rogers, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Altice USA completes acquisition of Service Electric
Jul 14, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that it has closed the acquisition of Service Electric. With the acquisition, Altice USA extends its footprint into neighboring communities in New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Service Electric, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, USA
Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
Feb 26, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has launched Altice One on Apple TV, delivering the entertainment experience on the Apple TV 4K. Also, new and existing Altice One customers can receive Apple TV 4K as part of their monthly subscription plan.
News categories: Altice USA, Apple, Hakim Boubazine, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the quarter to December 31, 2019. The company had Residential Video RGU net losses of -44k in Q4 2019. Altice USA also announced that it is to acquire Service Electric Cable T.V. of New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Results, Subscribers, USA
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
Aug 14, 2019 – Comscore will be the measurement provider for Xandr's Addressable offering, inclusive of DIRECTV, Altice USA, and Frontier. The deal is designed to give advertisers reliable third-party measurement across the leading U.S. live linear addressable footprint.
News categories: Comscore, Xandr, Scott Worthem, Dan Rosenfeld, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic