Digital TV News: Altice USA
Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
Jul 28, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Residential quarterly video net losses were 48k in Q2 2021 compared to 35k video net losses in Q2 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
Jul 19, 2021 – Altice USA has unveiled Optimum Stream and Suddenlink Stream, a 4K streaming device powered by Android TV. The box, available to its broadband-only customers, is free with 1-Gig plans. Otherwise it costs $5 per month.
News categories: Altice USA, Hakim Boubazine, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
Jun 22, 2021 – Several U.S. television distributors and TV brands have announced the formation of Go Addressable, an industry initiative designed to accelerate efforts to deliver scaled, addressable TV.
News categories: Go Addressable, Adam Gerber, Mike Dean, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
May 13, 2021 – CommScope has announced that a4 has deployed its Video Advertising Solutions to deliver geographic and addressable advertising across a4's video footprint, including both QAM-based and IP video services.
News categories: CommScope, a4, Morgan Kurk, Stephen Douglas, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
Apr 6, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has closed its acquisition of the assets of Morris Broadband. Morris Broadband is a communications services company providing high-speed data, video and voice services in western North Carolina.
News categories: Altice USA, Morris Broadband, Dexter Goei, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 74,000 in 4Q 2020
Feb 10, 2021 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the period ended December 31, 2020. Reported quarterly video net losses were -74k in Q4 2020. Reported organic Residential Video net losses were -237k in FY 2020.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
Nov 18, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled BUZZR to transition to cloud-managed broadcast operations. BUZZR has integrated its broadcast workflows, across over-the-air, cable and OTT, onto a single unified platform.
News categories: Amagi, BUZZR, Srinivasan KA, Mark Deetjen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Cogeco rejects takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers
Sep 3, 2020 – Cogeco (TSX: CGO) and Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) have announced that the independent members of their boards have rejected the unsolicited, non-binding takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers Communications.
News categories: Cogeco, Altice USA, Rogers, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform