Digital TV News: Anil Khera
Competition Commission of India approves VIDEOCON D2H-Dish TV merger
May 9, 2017 – Videocon d2h has received approval from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) for the proposed merger of Videocon d2h and Dish TV. The new entity will be called Dish TV Videocon Limited.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Dish TV India, Competition Commission of India, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, India, MandA, Satellite
Videocon d2h to add Netflix to its HD Smart Connect STB
Mar 6, 2017 – Videocon d2h has signed a standalone deal with Netflix. With this partnership, Videocon d2h connected box customers will be able to access seamlessly the extensive library of Netflix TV and movie titles.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Netflix, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Reed Hastings, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Videocon d2h opts for Cisco Virtualized Video Processing
Sep 2, 2016 – Cisco has announced that Videocon d2h has selected the Cisco Virtual DCM. The Virtual DCM provides Videocon d2h the bandwidth efficiencies to deploy new services and meet ever-increasing consumer demands for 4K, multiscreen, OTT and Cloud DVR.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Videocon d2h, Sanjay Kaul, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Videocon d2h adds 0.59 million net subscribers in 1Q 2016
May 24, 2016 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ: VDTH) has announced results for the year ended March 31, 2016. The Company added 2.65 million gross subscribers and 1.68 million net subscribers during fiscal 2016.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon d2h adds additional 4K content
Feb 19, 2016 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ:VDTH) has revamped the 4K content being shown on its active 4K UHD channel - d2h Life 4K, India's only 24 hours DTH channel service in 4K. Videocon d2h will now provide a plethora of 4K UHD services.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, India, Satellite
Videocon d2h launches connected set-top box
Feb 5, 2016 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ, USA: VDTH) has launched its HD SMART Set top Box (Connected Set top box). The box converts an existing LED TV into a Smart TV as well as showing more than 500 Channels and services in High Definition and Standard Definition.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Videocon d2h adds 0.43 million net subscribers in 4Q 2015
Jan 28, 2016 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ: VDTH) has announced its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2015. The Company added 0.67 million gross subscribers and 0.43 million net subscribers during the quarter.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Anil Khera, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon d2h releases Direct To Mobile TV app
Jul 30, 2015 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ:VDTH) has announced the launch of a mobile TV app. The app, called Direct to Mobile TV, will make it possible for Videocon d2h subscribers to watch television anytime, anywhere on their mobile phones.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Videocon d2h launches India's first 4K Ultra HD channel
Feb 4, 2015 – Videocon d2h launched a 24 hour 4K Ultra HD multi-genre channel on 26th January 2015. The 4K Ultra HD Channel is a content pipe that may carry multi-genre feed like movies, VOD, travel, infotainment, sports etc.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Anil Khera, Saurabh Dhoot, Digital TV, India, Satellite
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania