Digital TV News: Anne Schell
Tolka software powers first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receiver
May 9, 2023 – Atlanta DTH (ADTH) is the first vendor to produce officially certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory receivers with its ADTH NEXTGEN TV Box. The receiver is powered by Tolka ATSC 3 Stack software.
News categories: Tolka, Pearl TV, Atlanta DTH, Alex Day, Anne Schelle, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Harmonic powers ATSC 3.0 across the U.S.
Apr 16, 2023 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its XOS software is powering NEXTGEN TV services across the U.S., enabling the delivery of ATSC 3.0 channels with bandwidth efficiency and enhanced video quality.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, BitPath, Heartland Video Systems, Gil Rudge, Anne Schelle, John Hane, Dennis Klas, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
KET launches NEXTGEN app featuring on-demand video
Apr 14, 2023 – Working with Pearl TV and its RUN3TV platform, KET has added an app to the WKMJ-Louisville transmitter signal that has, among other features, options for on-demand video.
News categories: KET, Pearl TV, Shae Hopkins, Anne Schelle, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
Triveni Digital introduces ATSC 3.0 tools supporting NEXTGEN TV decryption
Apr 16, 2023 – Triveni Digital has announced that its StreamScope XM Analyzer and Monitor are the first test and measurement products to support the NEXTGEN TV decryption protocols.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Mark Simpson, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Six New Orleans television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 15, 2022 – New Orleans viewers can now find six channels OTA with NEXTGEN TV: WUPL (MyNetwork; channel 54), WWL (CBS, channel 4), WVUE (FOX, channel 8), WDSU (NBC, channel 6), WGNO (ABC, channel 26) and WNOL (CW, channel 38).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Digital TV
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028