Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
WealthTV deploys its 24/7 'Cable' Feed Over-the-Top on Roku
Jan 18, 2011 – WealthTV has announced that its 24/7 linear high definition feed, along with numerous video on demand titles, is now available on the award-winning Roku streaming player.
News categories: Roku, WealthTV, OTT, USA
Roku Announces Content Partnership with Hulu
Sep 28, 2010 – Roku and Hulu have announced a partnership to offer the Hulu Plus™ service on all Roku players. The Hulu Plus channel will be available via subscription to all Roku customers later this fall.
News categories: Hulu, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku Now Offers Access to Amazon Video On Demand
Mar 3, 2009 – Roku has announced that customers can now watch movies and TV shows from Amazon Video On Demand. With Amazon Video On Demand, Roku customers can for the first time access Amazon's extensive selection of more than 40,000 movie and TV titles.
News categories: Roku, Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon Video on Demand Brings Customers New-Release Movies and TV Shows to the Roku Digital Video Player
Jan 5, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that it will offer customers the ability to instantly purchase, rent and watch digital movies and TV episodes from its popular video service, Amazon Video On Demand, via the Roku Digital Video Player.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku Announces the Netflix Player by Roku
May 20, 2008 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) and Roku have announced the introduction of The Netflix Player by Roku™, a device that enables Netflix subscribers to instantly stream a growing library of movies and TV episodes from Netflix directly to the TV.
News categories: Netflix, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand