Digital TV News: Anthony Wood
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
WealthTV deploys its 24/7 'Cable' Feed Over-the-Top on Roku
Jan 18, 2011 – WealthTV has announced that its 24/7 linear high definition feed, along with numerous video on demand titles, is now available on the award-winning Roku streaming player.
News categories: Roku, WealthTV, OTT, USA
Roku Announces Content Partnership with Hulu
Sep 28, 2010 – Roku and Hulu have announced a partnership to offer the Hulu Plus™ service on all Roku players. The Hulu Plus channel will be available via subscription to all Roku customers later this fall.
News categories: Hulu, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku Now Offers Access to Amazon Video On Demand
Mar 3, 2009 – Roku has announced that customers can now watch movies and TV shows from Amazon Video On Demand. With Amazon Video On Demand, Roku customers can for the first time access Amazon's extensive selection of more than 40,000 movie and TV titles.
News categories: Roku, Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon Video on Demand Brings Customers New-Release Movies and TV Shows to the Roku Digital Video Player
Jan 5, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that it will offer customers the ability to instantly purchase, rent and watch digital movies and TV episodes from its popular video service, Amazon Video On Demand, via the Roku Digital Video Player.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku Announces the Netflix Player by Roku
May 20, 2008 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) and Roku have announced the introduction of The Netflix Player by Roku™, a device that enables Netflix subscribers to instantly stream a growing library of movies and TV episodes from Netflix directly to the TV.
News categories: Netflix, Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership