Digital TV News: Ashwin Navin
Catalina and Samba TV partner to transform media and measurement landscape
Jun 4, 2019 – Catalina Marketing and Samba TV have partnered to integrate shopper behavioral data and video viewership insights. The pair will build analytics tools that improve media buying and selling across all marketing channels, including in-store, digital, mobile OTT and linear TV.
News categories: Samba TV, Catalina, Ashwin Navin, Howard Shimmel, Jerry Sokol, Dr. Wes Chaar, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
Samba TV measures effectiveness of Twitter in driving TV tune-in
Mar 28, 2019 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Twitter to measure the effectiveness of Twitter in driving tune-in. In a beta trial, Samba found an average lift of 28% in Verified Tune-in Rate (VTR) for the measured premiere episodes.
News categories: Samba TV, Twitter, Ashwin Navin, Tim Perzyk, Inna Kern, Michael Engleman, Big Data, Digital TV, Social TV, USA
Samba TV tune-in measurement now available in the Google Marketing Platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Samba TV has announced an integration that allows broadcasters, networks, and media companies to measure lift in TV tune-in based on advertising across the Google Marketing Platform. Samba TV’s methodology links cross-screen ad exposure to its multi-source TV dataset.
News categories: Samba TV, Google Marketing Platform, Ashwin Navin, Marie Hughes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Reelgood and Samba TV partner to make smart TVs more personal
Jan 16, 2019 – With the goal of helping people spend less time searching, and more time watching, Reelgood and Samba TV have partnered to bring Reelgood’s streaming guide and Samba’s recommendation technology to more than 20 million Samba-enabled smart TVs.
News categories: Samba TV, Reelgood, Ashwin Navin, David Sanderson,, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
SpotX releases report on the state of video advertising on OTT
Feb 6, 2018 – SpotX has announced findings from study that found that 85% of leading pay TV providers, pure-play OTT providers, content owners, and advertisers believe leveraging third-party data is a strong driver for the adoption of audience-based buying and selling of ads on OTT.
News categories: SpotX, Kagan, Mike Shehan, Michelle Abraham, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Samba TV unveils audience targeting platform at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – Samba TV has introduced a self-serve platform enabling advertisers to use Samba’s data for discovering and activating TV audiences programmatically. Interactive demonstrations of the platform are the focus of the company’s exhibit at CES.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Emmanuel Marques, Advertising, Big Data, CES2020, USA
Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
Jun 19, 2017 – Samba TV has announced that it has secured $30 million in Series B financing. Samba TV will use the funding to expand operations internationally and launch a variety of transformative products in the media and advertising industry.
News categories: Samba TV, Union Grove Venture Partners, Ashwin Navin, Greg Bohlen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Samba TV partners with SpotX for OTT audience targeting and ad serving
May 25, 2017 – Samba TV and SpotX have partnered to power custom audience targeting and segmentation for video ads across web, app and connected TV environments. SpotX will become Samba TV’s primary connected TV ad server.
News categories: SpotX, Samba TV, Jeremy Straight, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Samba TV interactive platform available soon on Toshiba smart TVs
Jan 6, 2014 – Samba TV has announced that its technology will be integrated into Toshiba Smart TVs, allowing owners to use their TV remote or a nearby tablet, phone or PC to instantly interact with their favorite shows or movies.
News categories: Samba, Toshiba, Scott Ramirez, Ashwin Navin, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform