Digital TV News: Ashwin Navin
Samba TV and Vestel optimise picture quality with AI
Jan 6, 2021 – Samba TV and Vestel have announced a partnership to introduce an artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Picture Perfect, that optimizes picture quality in real time for gaming, live sports, movies and more.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Samba TV adds TiVo to its ACR footprint
Dec 15, 2020 – Samba TV has announced that it has partnered with TiVo (NASDAQ: XPER). The deal will enhance Samba’s ACR footprint with data from a cross-section of MVPDs across the U.S and population tiers.
News categories: Samba TV, Xperi, Ashwin Navin, Matt Milne, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
Sep 21, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has expanded its TV measurement footprint with Samba TV. The launch of international Smart TV measurement capabilities will begin in select European markets.
News categories: Comscore, Samba TV, Bill Livek, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
Catalina and Samba TV partner to transform media and measurement landscape
Jun 4, 2019 – Catalina Marketing and Samba TV have partnered to integrate shopper behavioral data and video viewership insights. The pair will build analytics tools that improve media buying and selling across all marketing channels, including in-store, digital, mobile OTT and linear TV.
News categories: Samba TV, Catalina, Ashwin Navin, Howard Shimmel, Jerry Sokol, Dr. Wes Chaar, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
Samba TV measures effectiveness of Twitter in driving TV tune-in
Mar 28, 2019 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Twitter to measure the effectiveness of Twitter in driving tune-in. In a beta trial, Samba found an average lift of 28% in Verified Tune-in Rate (VTR) for the measured premiere episodes.
News categories: Samba TV, Twitter, Ashwin Navin, Tim Perzyk, Inna Kern, Michael Engleman, Big Data, Digital TV, Social TV, USA
Samba TV tune-in measurement now available in the Google Marketing Platform
Mar 6, 2019 – Samba TV has announced an integration that allows broadcasters, networks, and media companies to measure lift in TV tune-in based on advertising across the Google Marketing Platform. Samba TV’s methodology links cross-screen ad exposure to its multi-source TV dataset.
News categories: Samba TV, Google Marketing Platform, Ashwin Navin, Marie Hughes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Reelgood and Samba TV partner to make smart TVs more personal
Jan 16, 2019 – With the goal of helping people spend less time searching, and more time watching, Reelgood and Samba TV have partnered to bring Reelgood’s streaming guide and Samba’s recommendation technology to more than 20 million Samba-enabled smart TVs.
News categories: Samba TV, Reelgood, Ashwin Navin, David Sanderson,, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
SpotX releases report on the state of video advertising on OTT
Feb 6, 2018 – SpotX has announced findings from study that found that 85% of leading pay TV providers, pure-play OTT providers, content owners, and advertisers believe leveraging third-party data is a strong driver for the adoption of audience-based buying and selling of ads on OTT.
News categories: SpotX, Kagan, Mike Shehan, Michelle Abraham, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Samba TV unveils audience targeting platform at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – Samba TV has introduced a self-serve platform enabling advertisers to use Samba’s data for discovering and activating TV audiences programmatically. Interactive demonstrations of the platform are the focus of the company’s exhibit at CES.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Emmanuel Marques, Advertising, Big Data, CES2021, Content Identification, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand