Digital TV News: Baskar Subramanian
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
IndiaCast launches 'Desi Play TV' FAST channel with Amagi
Jan 6, 2023 – Amagi has announced that IndiaCast has partnered with it to launch Desi Play TV, a free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channel in HD on Sling in the US and Plex across the US, Canada, and Middle East regions.
News categories: Amagi, IndiaCast, Desi Play TV, Baskar Subramanian, Govind Shahi, Sachin Gokhale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, North America, Streaming
Amagi acquires Streamwise
Nov 21, 2022 – Amagi has announced it has acquired Streamwise. Streamwise specializes in automating and standardizing data collection across streaming platforms. The acquisition will help Amagi to enhance its data capabilities.
News categories: Amagi, Streamwise, Baskar Subramanian, Doug Shineman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi brings Megaphone TV interactivity & advertising to streaming clients
Apr 20, 2022 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Megaphone TV. Megaphone TV allows networks to poll, quiz, and transact with their audiences via mobile, tablet, or desktop devices and to broadcast the results live on-air in real-time.
News categories: Amagi, Megaphone TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dan Albritton, Advertising, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, UX
Amagi secures $95 million investment in unicorn round
Mar 16, 2022 – Amagi has solidified its position with a new $95 million funding round followed by a 108% YoY growth in revenues. This financing round was led by Accel with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures.
News categories: Amagi, Accel, Norwest Venture Partners, Avataar Ventures, Baskar Subramanian, Shekhar Kirani, Dave Zilberman, Nishant Rao, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Amagi secures over $100m of funding
Sep 10, 2021 – Amagi has announced that Accel, Avataar Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and existing investor Premji Invest have collectively invested over $100 million in the company. The funds have bought out the stake held by Emerald Media and Mayfield India. Nadathur Holdings continues as an existing investor.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV