Digital TV News: Brian Lesser
InfoSum raises $15.1 million in Series A funding
Sep 1, 2020 – InfoSum has completed its Series A funding round, raising $15.1 million. The investment is led by Upfront Ventures and IA Ventures and supported by strategic partners Ascential, Akamai, Experian, ITV and AT&T's Xandr.
News categories: InfoSum, Nick Halstead, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
AMC Networks, Disney, and WarnerMedia join Xandr ad platform
Mar 11, 2020 – Xandr is working with leading media and entertainment companies including AMC Networks, Disney, and WarnerMedia to reinvent the way linear TV advertising is bought, sold, and optimized for a better consumer experience.
News categories: Xandr, AMC Networks, Disney, WarnerMedia, Brian Lesser, Kim Kelleher, Rita Ferro, Gerhard Zeiler, Fiona Carter, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Community, Xandr's ad marketplace, welcomes three new brands
Jul 23, 2019 – Community, powered by Xandr, is a marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale. Media brands A+E Networks, AMC Networks, and Cheddar have now been aded to the list of partners.
News categories: Xandr, Cheddar, AMC Networks, A+E Networks, Brian Lesser, Jon Steinberg, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Xandr Community brings together advertisers, publishers, and consumers
May 14, 2019 – Xandr, AT&T's advertising and analytics company, has announced the formation of Community, a curated marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale in a brand-safe, privacy-protected, premium video environment.
News categories: Xandr, Brian Lesser, Donna Speciale, Henry Embleton, Mark Rotblat, Reed Barker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
AT&T to acquire AppNexus
Jun 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AppNexus. AppNexus will become a part of AT&T advertising & analytics. AppNexus operates a global advertising marketplace and provides enterprise products for digital advertising.
News categories: AT&T, AppNexus, Brian Lesser, Brian O’Kelley, Advertising, Big Data, MandA, USA, Worldwide
AT&T completes acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
Jun 15, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of Time Warner, bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO and Turner with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile and broadband customer relationships.
News categories: AT&T, Time Warner, Randall Stephenson, John Donovan, John Stankey, Jeff Bewkes, Lori Lee, Brian Lesser, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021