Digital TV News: Brian Markwalter
U.S. 4K UHD display shipments to reach 4 million in 2015
Jan 5, 2015 – According to research to be released by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), shipments of 4K UHD displays in teh U.S. are projected to reach four million units in 2015, marking a 208 percent increase over 2014.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Brian Markwalter, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
OTT-only TV households to exceed DTT-only TV household in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2014 – According to the CEA, the percentage of U.S. households with a television that relies exclusively on an antenna for TV reception is about to be eclipsed for the first time ever by the percentage relying only on the Internet for TV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, USA
CEA announces publication of new DTV Interface standard
Jul 15, 2013 – The CEA has announced publication of CEA-861-F, A DTV Profile for Uncompressed High-Speed Digital Interfaces. This standard applies to DTV-related high-speed digital physical interfaces, such as: HDMI, DVI 1.0, and Open LDI specifications.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
CEA Announces Five New Standards, Including Accessibility, 3D Video
Jul 9, 2012 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has announced five new standards, ranging in topic from accessibility to 3D video to wireless charging, which are now available to guide designers as they develop products for consumers.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Techstreet, Digital TV, Metaverse, USA
CEA to Host First-Ever TV Apps Developer University
Sep 13, 2011 – The Consumer Electronics Association will host its first-ever TV Apps Developer University event on September 29, 2011. The event will help developers learn to build TV apps for the more than eight million app-enabled sets that will ship in 2011.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Apps, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
CEA Begins Standards Process for 3D Glasses
Mar 8, 2011 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has announced the launch of a new standards process for 3D glasses. CEA seeks proposals for standardizing 3D active eyewear that uses an infrared (IR) synchronized interface from CE manufacturers.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV
CEA Completes Third Successful 'PlugFest' for Advance Mobile DTV
Nov 24, 2010 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has announced successful completion of the third 'ATSC Mobile DTV PlugFest'. PlugFest3 focused on promoting interoperability for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Mobile, USA
CEA Advances Mobile DTV Through Plugfest
Dec 10, 2009 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has completed hosting the first ever ATSC Mobile DTV Plugfest. The Plugfest utilized four independently developed transmission systems, 12 receiver systems, and four software vendors.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2023, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
CEA Brings Back Energy Consumption Working Group
May 28, 2009 – The CEA's Video Systems Committee has announced the reactivation of its Set-Top Box Energy Consumption working group. The group will help develop standards to measure energy consumption in TVs and other related video technologies and devices.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029